Aqua Satin Flame Rewrap!

NouveauCliche

Neal Pert

Aw, heck yeah. I love that.

someguy01

The after is how dw should have sent them from the factory.
In true 80s parlance, like, totally bitchin' man!

yammyfan

I liked the old wrap very much but the new one looks good too. Regardless, those DW Designs are something special.

acsunda

I think it looked better before, but hey, it's your kit, I'm happy you like it!
I liked the old wrap very much but the new one looks good too. Regardless, those DW Designs are something special.

There was some yellowing on one side of the rack tom. Not super noticeable, but once I noticed it, I couldn’t stand it. Had to get a fresh wrap.

Thin Shell

I have never liked the modern parallelogram pattern WMP. I'm not a huge fan of Satin Flame either, but that looks really nice.

Sorry you had to hound them to get it but at least you got it. I guess it's the same old same old with them which is a shame.

BillH2121

In the mid-60's, my father took me to a drum performance/clinic where the drummer used a Gretsch aqua satin flame kit. My dad surprised me by getting that kit and I never told him that I wasn't really crazy about flame wraps. I played the kit for a few years and ended up selling it to a friend who had the same kit but wanted a double bass, big set-up. A year or so later (I was 16), I was getting invitations to join local bands but didn't have a drum set. So again, my dad surprised me with a great Sonor kit - this time in red satin flame! I really hated that color but would never tell my dad that. I later stripped the wraps and stained the wood a dark mahogany color (didn't look that great). The point of my long story - I've never liked satin flame wraps until recently - I guess its nostalgia and thinking about how kind my dad was to want to encourage me in music. So viva de satin flame wrap!

yammyfan

There was some yellowing on one side of the rack tom. Not super noticeable, but once I noticed it, I couldn’t stand it. Had to get a fresh wrap.
I don't blame you. I like my drums to look brand new too. You did an awesome job. The new wrap looks fantastic.