Appeal for Leo, our drummer friend in Cuba.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Ok guys, I'm back from hospital for a few hours and catching up on progress. Great work jer, really great! I've just had a message from Melinda Donnelly at Flexmaster to confirm that 3 boxes have arrived as of Friday evening. I assume these to be 1x box pedals, 1 x box cymbal pack & 1 x box cymbal case from JeremyS. Superb work all round guys. I'm going to message Leo's friend now with the contact details at Flexmaster. All is good to go for pickup on Tuesday 1st. I'll keep you all posted on progress.

jer, use the $16 to offset the fee shortfall in my $300 transfer. You've already kindly donated what you can and put a lot of effort into coordinating donations & procurement. You've more than played your part.

jer

Silver Member
Since KIS (and jer) put in so much, anyone who still wants to help out could still put in and pay a bit back to him . I'll kick off with $20CAD. Join the KIS appeal...
I've issued a refund on this, should really go to KIS...

Ok guys, I'm back from hospital for a few hours and catching up on progress. Great work jer, really great! I've just had a message from Melinda Donnelly at Flexmaster to confirm that 3 boxes have arrived as of Friday evening. I assume these to be 1x box pedals, 1 x box cymbal pack & 1 x box cymbal case from JeremyS. Superb work all round guys. I'm going to message Leo's friend now with the contact details at Flexmaster. All is good to go for pickup on Tuesday 1st. I'll keep you all posted on progress.

jer, use the $16 to offset the fee shortfall in my $300 transfer. You've already kindly donated what you can and put a lot of effort into coordinating donations & procurement. You've more than played your part.
Thanks for the update, KIS. I'll hold on to the remaining money - won't spend it on myself though, thinking maybe use it for a Christmas toy drive or something along those lines.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry about any left over funds guys. We are where we are now and our part is mostly done. I've just had confirmation from Melinda Donnelly @ Flexmaster that Leo's friend has collected the stuff. I'm just awaiting confirmation from Leo's friend that everything is OK. As soon as I have further news, I'll post again. I have to go back to be with my mother in hospital for the next two days so don't worry if things go a bit quiet for a while. I'll check messages tomorrow before I leave out.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Ok guys, I have an update. Good news & bad. Leo's friend has collected the gear from Flexmaster and everything looks fine for transporting the packaged to Cuba. The bad news is that Leo's friend has just suffered a close family death and accordingly, has postponed his journey until January. This means that Leo will have to wait a while for his stuff, but as the saying goes, good things come to he who waits!

Anyhow, we've done our bit. There's nothing more we can do other than be happy with what we've achieved. We all have struggled at some stage to get our gear together but the challenge faced by Leo is on another level. Against the odds he's shown tenacity & grit to get to the stage he's at now. Given the gear he currently has, I think he makes a superb sound. His stuff may not be your genre, but measured against any peer, he's good. All we've done is donated the items that would always be beyond his reach. This appeal was never about giving Leo a whole new top end set up, but more about giving him a platform to move up from.

Although the number of members that eventually got involved is smaller than I expected, we've turned out a great result. I'm proud to be associated with each one of you and thank you for helping to make someone's dream become a reality. The stuff you and I take almost for granted, Leo will cherish. I'm sure Leo will let us know when he gets his new gear. Fondest regards to all, KIS.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Great news update guys, Leo has just mailed me and said his gear will be landing in Cuba on the 17th of this month. It's a shame there was such a delay but he's buzzing about getting his gear. He promises to post some pictures as soon as he can. Some things in life make you feel good. For me, this is one of them. KIS.

leo_battery

Great news update guys, Leo has just mailed me and said his gear will be landing in Cuba on the 17th of this month. It's a shame there was such a delay but he's buzzing about getting his gear. He promises to post some pictures as soon as he can. Some things in life make you feel good. For me, this is one of them. KIS.
KIS i really aprecciate to much all the things that you have done , and all the things, interest that other members has shown.Im waiting to february 17 and get all the things, at this time i really can belive that all this happen .Thank you very much , members friends and Drummerworld.
Some things in life make you feel good.For me is to have friends like you.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I got a mail from Leo yesterday. He was waiting for his friend to land at the airport. I expect we'll get an update in the next day or so. Leo was going to borrow a camera so he can take some pictures and post them on this site. Leo is also in the process of refurbishing a kit he thinks was made in Poland in the 60's. He's working on the bearing edges and painting it. He seems quite fired up about it. I can't wait to see the pictures of Leo with his new gear. I'm way more excited about this than if I was getting new stuff for myself!

JT1

Silver Member
I got a mail from Leo yesterday. He was waiting for his friend to land at the airport. I expect we'll get an update in the next day or so. Leo was going to borrow a camera so he can take some pictures and post them on this site. Leo is also in the process of refurbishing a kit he thinks was made in Poland in the 60's. He's working on the bearing edges and painting it. He seems quite fired up about it. I can't wait to see the pictures of Leo with his new gear. I'm way more excited about this than if I was getting new stuff for myself!
Well done KIS you are a great inspiration to this site (me included).

leo_battery

I will post a thread in General Discussion with the pics of the gear and a few words for all of you.Please go there and read it .