Anyone use Cubase?

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So Cubase AI6 came with the yamaha mixer I bought a year or so ago. Been thinking about trying to play around recording my kit and playing. Maybe it's just me and it's a matter of getting used to it but seems a bit on the complicated side. Is it just me?

KamaK

Platinum Member
So Cubase AI6 came with the yamaha mixer I bought a year or so ago. Been thinking about trying to play around recording my kit and playing. Maybe it's just me and it's a matter of getting used to it but seems a bit on the complicated side. Is it just me?
My Zoom R16 came with a Cubase LE license. I tried to use it for a few days but was not fond of it. It seemed to offer adequate features and functionality, but the interface felt antiquated having just spent time working with Garageband/Logic. I found the license-ware installation to be a bit obtrusive and falling short of my security requirements.

My overall feeling was... If I were going to go with simple multitrack recording, I would use Reaper/Audacity. In linux I would use Ardour. I'm a Mac user so I use Garageband.

If I wanted to invest in professional audio software, I'd look at Logic for Mac or Protools for PC. I don't think I'd give Cubase another shot until the next major release.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Yeah the user interface just doesn't seem, well, user friendly on it.

I can't even get the preloaded sounds to give me sound in a project, just loaded the classic rock template and I hear nothing of the drums just playing around. Need to do some more reading and watch some videos, I have a feeling there's something with the VST connections I'm missing. Is that something that is unique to Cubase, the VST connections for input and output?

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So there must be something in this program my computer doesn't like. Last night just trying to familiarize myself with it a little my system crashed to the blue screen of death and a physical memory dump. So I went in and updated the software after rebooting. This morning again exploring the program again, blue screen of death. Hmmmm

Dodeska

I recently bought a used Yamaha MW10c off ebay without the Cubase bundle. I downloaded Audacity to use with it & it works perfectly.