Anyone Try the Rezo Crashes yet?

MikeM

Platinum Member
I'm looking at getting a couple of crashes to mate with my 18" A Custom Projection Crash. I was first thinking about a 19" and a 20" Projection. Now I'm wondering about the Rezo's because they're also medium-thin and they have a different bell design and lathing pattern so I'm trying see what other people's thoughts are on them.

I'll get out to some drum shops this weekend to see for myself, too. Thanks.

I like the Rezo crashes. I started listening to them when Zildjian just had the 16" and 18". They got my attention first from their looks and then their sound. The lathing really does have a very distinct pattern. I was trying to find a cymbal that blended well with my A Custom 18" Fast crash several months ago and auditioned the Rezos along with other A Customs. I ended up buying a 19" A Custom crash instead. I've played their ride, hats and three different size crashes, and although similar to the sounds of the standard A customs, they have a sound of their own probably because of their unique lathing. I don't have or even played a Projection crash so I can't give any comparisons. All I can say is take your Projection crash with you, you'll probably find a Reso that will work great with it.

I'm going to take a listen to some this Saturday, it's been a while.

Dennis

compared to the projections the rezo have less cut, less sustain, and less shimmer. dont get me wrong...they can cut and will mix well with the projections but if youre looking for something to match in power and volume...i wouldnt recommend them.

Each to his own, but the rezo crashes are some of the ugliest cymbals I've ever heard. A bitter, sour-sounding wash.

Wow, thanks for the tips! I went to GC yesterday to hear some, and they only had one. It was a 17". It seemed okay, but they weren't stocking any Projections so I didn't get to make that comparison. Guess I'll have to head for the smaller drum stores (which maybe I should've done to beging with!).

Each to his own, but the rezo crashes are some of the ugliest cymbals I've ever heard. A bitter, sour-sounding wash.

some are good, some really suck, but i can honestly recomend the projections over the rezos, (though 16" rezo's sound way better and are easier to play than the 16" proj crashes)

the projections have more body, more subtly ( seems surprising but you get some beautiful tones when you barely hit a broken in a cst projection) and in general more versatile cymbals. they're at the perfect weight, have killer bells, and are incredibly satisfying to play. i just cannot feel the same about rezos

i work at a GC, and i own two projections, i've a-b'd them cause i considered 'upgrading' but frankly the rezos never made me fall in love like the projections did

...the projections have more body, more subtly ( seems surprising but you get some beautiful tones when you barely hit a broken in a cst projection) and in general more versatile cymbals. they're at the perfect weight, have killer bells, and are incredibly satisfying to play...
I agree that the Projections have it all with the perfect weight and the dynamic range. I'll try to look for some more Rezo's to hit, but I think I'll probably stay with the Projections. Thanks.

Back