Anyone switch from longboards to short boards?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The longer motion you are experiencing is the change in radius between the footboards. The boards being the only difference, you have increased the angle with the shortboard. However, it should feel lighter because the shortboard should have less weight to it, thus letting your springs do their job easier.

Your double stroke is also more noticeable because the greater pedal angle equals more momentum at the beater head. You have to press the pedal faster to travel the same distance.

Up2Speed

I have a Trick Pro 1V short board double pedal arriving today. I also purchased the chain drive conversion kits. I want to be compare both types to see which feels best.
I have not liked any long board pedals I have tried so hopefully the short board is the answer. I chose the trick because the clamp for the bass drum hoop can be adjusted forward or back to move the pedal to the correct position in relationship to the batter head. The Roland KD-140 kick drum I am going to use this pedal on the the piece that the pedal attaches to extends out further from the batter head than a standard bass drum requiring the beater to extend well past a vertical striking position.

Reggae_Mangle

Silver Member
I have a Trick Pro 1V short board double pedal arriving today. I also purchased the chain drive conversion kits. I want to be compare both types to see which feels best.
I have not liked any long board pedals I have tried so hopefully the short board is the answer. I chose the trick because the clamp for the bass drum hoop can be adjusted forward or back to move the pedal to the correct position in relationship to the batter head. The Roland KD-140 kick drum I am going to use this pedal on the the piece that the pedal attaches to extends out further from the batter head than a standard bass drum requiring the beater to extend well past a vertical striking position.
Thanks for the information on the KD-140. There are similar design flaws in the KD-120 that I have, most pedals do not clamp on it properly. Thanks to the adjustable hoop clamp, that's not a problem with the Tricks.

Up2Speed

So I tried the chain coversion kits on the Trick Pro 1V Short boards and I found they gave the pedals a slightly heavier feel in a good way and work perfectly. I ended direct drive option. I am surprised as I have not liked any direct drive pedals I have tried in the past.

These pedals are amazing. Super easy to set up and I can play faster with less effort.

I ordered another set for my acoustic kit.