Anyone selling a shell pack? (UK) looking to upgrade...

richmcf

Hello

Im after upgrading my Mapex V, anyone selling a decent set of shells....?

would need bass drum, 1 rack tom, 1 floor tom and a snare.

i have £400 - could push to more for the right kit.

let me know if you have anything for me and are willing to post!

Cheers

Rich

anyone? those of oyu with more than one kit? I just want something nice to play with!
I'd love to help, but the shell set I'm selling is way over budget, & also more drums than you've indicated.

Have you considered keeping the three Mapex drums & dropping some good cash on a high quality snare? I think you would get the most benefit from that move. Your snare is the drum that really needs concentrating on. My fear is, if you spend £400 on a 3 piece shell set including snare, the three drums won't represent a worthwhile upgrade from your Mapex drums, & you'll still end up with a mediocre snare at best.

Treat your 3 Mapex drums to a nice set of new heads (if needed), & drop the rest on a higher quality snare. The snare will stay with you, & you can upgrade the basic shell set later. It's typical to buy a shell set without snare, so you'll find a better deal/more choice like that anyhow.

Thanks for the feedback!

There arent any drum shops with alot of stock where i live so i dont have the chance to hear some nice snares.....

I saw a pork pie big black brass for sale on gumtree for 160...but its kinda hard to comitt without hearing in person... Any thoughts?

Ps shat shells are you selling?

Thanks for the feedback!

There arent any drum shops with alot of stock where i live so i dont have the chance to hear some nice snares.....

I saw a pork pie big black brass for sale on gumtree for 160...but its kinda hard to comitt without hearing in person... Any thoughts?

Ps shat shells are you selling?
I'm selling a set of Spaun maple custom. You can find them in the for sale section on this site.

But back to your challenge. I hear what you're saying about getting the opportunity to try a snare, but really, that applies equally to your overall quest to buy any drums. You have a choice, you either research the drums you're interested in (reputation, reviews, sound files, Youtube clips, etc) & go find what interests you on the used market, or you go to a major drum store & try a selection of gear. Even better, as you're in the UK, visit the London Drum Show in October. Not only is it the best drumming experience you can have for £15 (loads of clinics & masterclasses), you can try pretty much anything you want. Even if you don't buy, you've still narrowed down the sort of stuff you want.

Don't be keen to rush ahead. Spend in haste, repent at leisure.

Andy - I intend to come by and try some of your handiwork in October. Very much looking forward to it. If, that is, someone of my not so incredble talent is allowed to touch your instruments....

Well, I'm "allowed" to play Guru drums, so that opens the gate for just about anyone ;)

Hah! I think we're pretty alike in our playing. Just make sure no else watches :p

I must get a video of a gig soon.

Back