Anyone playing an Inde snare?

retoxtony

I've had the itch to pick up another snare as a Bday gift to myself and I was considering a Inde. I don't currently have any wood snares in a 6.5x14 and the Inde one looks like it might be a decent buy especially considering the price. So does anyone have any first hand experience with them?

The other snare I'm considering is a George Way. I'd really love a 6.5x14 Walnut shell snare. The clips I've heard of these drums sound fantastic but it would be almost double the price of the Inde.

Any thoughts or help?

mandrew

Gold Member
The George Way is a wonderful choice, but I am really intrigued by the Inde, and will spring for one at some point, haven't yet.

KamaK

Platinum Member
The other snare I'm considering is a George Way. I'd really love a 6.5x14 Walnut shell snare. The clips I've heard of these drums sound fantastic but it would be almost double the price of the Inde.

Comparing other online snare expositions to Carter McLean's stuff is a bit unfair, as I suspect he painstakingly coats the inside of the shells with Jim Keltner's rocket sauce.

You need to buy an Inde, not because they're the best, but because nobody here has bought one yet, and we need a lab rat to get one and make samples for us to hear.

retoxtony

Wow, i'm kinda surprised theres not more info on these. I'm pretty positive i'll be buying one in the future, but i think i'll wait for a little bit. I really hate to be a lab rat or guinea pig on these kind of things, though i'm pretty sure they'll sound great.

I did get an email this morning that i have found a George Way in walnut in Canada (i was having trouble finding one). In the end the price is quite a bit lower than i was expecting and will end up being less than the Inde. So I think i'll be getting that one instead.

When i do get around to buying a Inde (probably a few months) i'll try to post up a few clips for everyone.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Are they still $299 ???

I've had the itch to pick up another snare as a Bday gift to myself and I was considering a Inde. I don't currently have any wood snares in a 6.5x14 and the Inde one looks like it might be a decent buy especially considering the price. So does anyone have any first hand experience with them?

Any thoughts or help?

retoxtony

Yup still $299 which seems like a heck of a deal. But for me that's about $380 Canadian, plus shipping, taxes and maybe duty fees depending how the border people are feeling when it comes through. I was quoted $495 Canadian for a George way so it should end up being a little less than the Inde by the time it's actually sitting in my house. I was really surprised by the price since most US places have the GW selling at $550US.

MoreBeer

Silver Member
Get the Inde. Give the new guy on the block some biz. They look very nice and only $299.

poppies

I have a full kit being made right now, including a snare. I'll post a verbose review when it arrives for sure!

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
They're going to be at the Hollywood Drum Show. I'm looking forward to seeing INDe drum there and checking them out there.

calan

Silver Member
I should be seeing a full INDe kit in a couple of weeks. I might be field recording, but the caveat is that everything is going to be miced, and I don't feel that the club does a particularly great job in that respect. I'll still hopefully get some raw impressions too.