Anyone hear of Wincent Drumsticks?

vyacheslav

I found some on ebay that seller "Cymbal Planet" has for sale. I think they are a Swedish company. Looks like most of their artist roster are metal drummers.

Still, some cool models to choose from, and I like how they print either the model or the artist's custom image on the butt end of the stick.

The "Unique Wax Protection" seems similar to what Silverfox used to do with their "Duracrylic" finish.

A week or so back i got 2 pairs of their 5B maple sticks to try out. Went back to using 5B maple sticks and had some Vaters still lying around, but their price went up so i thought i'd give these a try. I still have use them on the drumset, but they feel balanced and i like that they have a thicker neck (so more mass in the top of stick, also added durability since maple sticks (obviously) tend to last not so long as hickory sticks.
Will use up the Vaters i have and then chime in when i have given the Wincent sticks a go.

I’ve been playing Wincent brushes for a few years. My favourites. Ordered through Thomann.
Haven’t tried the sticks though.

Yeah, I've played Wincent sticks for a while (regular 5B).

I have nothing bad to say about them; they feel good, last long and seem to be very consistent in weight and straightness.

I have a Wincent drum key that doubles as a bottle opener. Best gift I ever received.

Think I used to have a set of Wincent rods, or whatever they're called.

I received a free set of White 5A XL recently chucked in with some cymbals. Really, really like them. I usually play VF American Classic 5A, and these are about the same weight, but maybe 3/4 inch longer and feel fantastic.
Haven't stopped using them since.
Kind of annoying as I have about 6 pairs of the Vic Firths...

I have a Wincent drum key that doubles as a bottle opener. Best gift I ever received.

I have one as well, had to buy it for myself though.
I've used their 5B Hickory and they were excellent sticks. If I wasn't on a budget I'd happily use these or Vic Firth or Vater 5Bs.

Now you mention it, i also have a set of Wincent Hot Rods lying around haha. Haven't used them for a couple of years since i don't play 'sensitive' music haha
Anyway, those are great things. Used them for a while on my practice kit with Remo Silent Stroke heads to further reduce the noise

I’ve been using 5A XXL’s for about a year. Can’t say enough good about them. I bought 10 pair, and am just getting to the point where the neck is wearing thin enough on the first pair where the next pair is about to be used. ( in fairness I have to mention I only get time to play a half hour or forty five minutes a day....)

Time to necro an old thread haha

I tried the 5B maple sticks 2 or 3 years ago, but found that those delivered a bit too much ping on my cymbals. Ironically my taste has changed since then and i actually want more ping these day! Have been using the Vic Firth SD9 Maple Driver since then and really love that stick, but after using maple sticks for many years and increasing stick prices made me stick going back to hickory. I go through the maple sticks pretty fast and want to upgrade to a bit thicker and louder cymbals and those will eat maple sticks alive. So looking around i noticed Wincent again and think i will order the 5B pack to try out. Way cheaper than Vic Firth or other brands (not counting house brands, which are a no go for me), so i hope those will do the trick!

Wincent 9,90 for a pair instead of Vic Firth 14,90 a pair... tough choice haha

I think they are a Swedish company. Looks like most of their artist roster are metal drummers.
Yes they are Swedish and quell surprise they pretty big here, I'm guessing only Vic Firth have more marketshare than them. Yes, there is mostly metal drummers on the roster, but when it comes to Swedish drummers at least, they seems to have basically all the drummers people here talk about.

Tried out the 5A XL sticks from them some years ago, sadly I couldn't get used to their bigger tip (bigger then my regular Vic Firth X5A sticks). I really wished I did as they were cheaper (then at least, not sure nowadays) and made in Sweden, close to my country.

Back