Anyone have a "Rare Snare" Love to see it!

Drumdame

Silver Member
I don't have a "Rare Snare" but that's all I look at on the internet and someday hope to own one. I look at Bradley Jarrah Block snares, custom snares, limited edition snares, collectors snares, unusual snares, signature snares, Anniversary snares, and very expensive snares.

Hopefully someday I'll own a real nice Ludwig snare only because it reminds me of my dad who also was a drummer and owned a Ludwig Kit.

If you do have a "Rare Snair" we'd love to see it!

I love the one pictured below.

Drummer_DScreenshot_20220429-054626_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I am at work now, but will get pics of my 1920's era Ludwig marching/military drum later on tonight and post them...that is the rarest drum I have

though, I am in the proccess of tryign to find the origin and type of my dads Luddy Supraphonic; he bought it in 1958; and it has all of the trappings of a Supra, except that they did not come out until 62. I have read that there was a "pre-Supra" that was out in the late 50's, and that they are sort of rare...still searching

I am at work now, but will get pics of my 1920's era Ludwig marching/military drum later on tonight and post them...that is the rarest drum I have

though, I am in the proccess of tryign to find the origin and type of my dads Luddy Supraphonic; he bought it in 1958; and it has all of the trappings of a Supra, except that they did not come out until 62. I have read that there was a "pre-Supra" that was out in the late 50's, and that they are sort of rare...still searching
Can't wait to see it!

Drummer_D

Can't wait to see it!

Drummer_D

cool!!! It was my grandfathers brothers in high school, or so I was told. He would have been in HS in the early 1920's, so that is where I am getting the age from...it might even be older. It still has the original gut snares and heads, which is pretty crazy...100 years old? Nuts...

WFL1.jpgwfl8.jpg

1948-1952 WFL 6.5 6L been thru the Drum Doctors shop; all details (studio tweaks) too many to mention (for ex. allen screw attachment for lugs. It was sitting on ebay no one noticed and I took it. Have also an all original untouched same- 6L 6.5 WFL- makes a nice contrast

WFL3.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: jda
My less commonly found drums are made by major companies but are runs/models that were discontinued- not truly rare though.

Still, good drums that for whatever reasons (likely costs) are no longer made. Besides the Acro, that describes almost all my drums.

I have a Legend phosphor bronze snare 14 x 6.5 I'm trying to sell right now.

No photo description available.

The only Guru segmented maple in existence. 14 x 6.5". My happy snare.

With a matching 20 x 14 BD which absolutely kills

Attachments

• EYBB7305.JPG
    EYBB7305.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    554.7 KB · Views: 13
  • CZGW8724.JPG
    CZGW8724.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DGNC8548.JPG
    DGNC8548.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 17

While trying to figure out and find info on my 68 or 67 supra( I forgot now but have it written down somewhere) , I searched for a contact phone number from Ludwig . It may depend on who you get on the phone but I got a nice knowledgeable guy who was able to answer any and all questions I had at the time about 5 years ago I think it was . So try contacting Ludwig 👌🏻. They may be of assistance 👍🏼

Back