Anyone have a "Rare Snare" Love to see it!

T_Kauff

That's absolutely gorgeous! I have seen Brady Jarrah block baritones but not with the wood carved out like that one... what model is that? That's absolutely beautiful!

Can we buy one of these today?

Drummer_D
I think the baritone models came out at the very end of Brady's existence. It's a shame they dont rev back up and start putting drums out again.

Drumdame

Silver Member
I think the baritone models came out at the very end of Brady's existence. It's a shame they dont rev back up and start putting drums out again.
I would love to own one exactly like that it's absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't even care if I got another snare in my life... how about that!
LOL

Does Brady make drums anymore or are they out of business?

Drummer_D

Tiges

I would love to own one exactly like that it's absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't even care if I got another snare in my life... how about that!
LOL

Does Brady make drums anymore or are they out of business?

Drummer_D
No they don't I think they shut up shop around 8 years ago some one can correct that.

brushes

I hope this one qualifies. One of my workhorse snaredrums, a Tama Star Bubinga 14x5.5 in a dark green cordia finish. Not many of those roam the planet.

Attachments

• IMG_1065 (2).JPG
    IMG_1065 (2).JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 10

Drumdame

Silver Member
I hope this one qualifies. One of my workhorse snaredrums, a Tama Star Bubinga 14x5.5 in a dark green cordia finish. Not many of those roam the planet.
Wow! That is one Beauty. Enjoy!

Drummer_D

Drum Guy

I've got it's 6.5x14 Bubinga Big Brother, dark green as well, and out of 20 snares, even though it's a ply and not solid, it's definitely one of my top 5 favs for unique dry pop/crack...love it

I need to also say out of 20 snares from probably a dozen diff companies (US, Japan, Germany, Australia, UK, Taiwan) my 3 TAMA Star snares are SO well-made and TAMA Star has such a consistently reliable unique and solid sound, I'm leaning towards saying they're the best out there in 2022 for snare quality. Though I know that's subjective :)...well OK, the 6.5x14 Craviotto solid maple I suppose can't be beat...oh well.

Last edited:

timmdrum

Silver Member
I have a Legend phosphor bronze snare 14 x 6.5 I'm trying to sell right now.

No photo description available.
1651853656064.png
:confused:

s1212z

Silver Member
l don't know if enough to say rare but thought this was pretty cool; just picked up this Canopus 'The Maple' 5.5x14. I've wanted one for a while now and will match the rest the RFM kit and nice compliment to the Canopus 6.5 BB brass snare for the arsenal which can cover alot. Plus the price and condition is favorable.

I guess the rare part is that it was Ulysses Owen Jr.'s snare which is a nice bonus, such a great player. I don't know if he was officially with Canopus but he definitely owned this snare along with a set. And apparently he swapped the batter for triple flanged instead of the die-cast. I'll see how I like it, it may work as I like the feel of TFs more in general. Also pretty cool the snare made the cover of his brush book, which I don't have but would love to check out (so if anyone worked it, would love to hear your thoughts).

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 8.11.30 PM.png

Ransan

Rogers Holiday - the snare itself is not so much as the finish that makes it somewhat rare, interior tag is perfectly square and legible.

F7D4711A-DAD5-4D9E-8C22-A6CE18E7B165.jpeg

Gretsch 4160 Early 70s transition badge that says “That Great Gretsch Sound”, has the 4 point butt plate that we see with micro sensitive throws.

This snare didn’t quite reach the fishtail butt plate that we normally see accompany the (I call) Gumby Lightning ‘righty’ Throw.

Forever Thanks @TK-421 for helping me put this together to show its identity!
1A4D8296-744B-423C-B952-4D984E80280C.jpegE7B57225-8283-43B5-AC9B-5112A2E4CE40.jpegD24C475B-84F6-4EC9-9AF7-6AA520D3FDB0.jpeg

Maybe a one off, my Copper Sensitone on the right next to my PB sensi.
The copper sensi has a SR 150 Gladlock style throw as well as interior Sensitone tag.
AC8E84A5-5D6A-4F12-B4F0-7F6ECF74A192.jpeg

Drumdame

Silver Member
Rogers Holiday - the snare itself is not so much as the finish that makes it somewhat rare, interior tag is perfectly square and legible.

View attachment 119178

Gretsch 4160 Early 70s transition badge that says “That Great Gretsch Sound”, has the 4 point butt plate that we see with micro sensitive throws.

This snare didn’t quite reach the fishtail butt plate that we normally see accompany the (I call) Gumby Lightning ‘righty’ Throw.

Forever Thanks @TK-421 for helping me put this together to show its identity!
View attachment 119179View attachment 119180View attachment 119181

Maybe a one off, my Copper Sensitone on the right next to my PB sensi.
The copper sensi has a SR 150 Gladlock style throw as well as interior Sensitone tag.
View attachment 119182
You have some very unique looking drums that belong to Only You... that's what makes them rare. Congrats and enjoy!

"And The Beat Goes On"

Drummer_D

Drumdame

Silver Member
l don't know if enough to say rare but thought this was pretty cool; just picked up this Canopus 'The Maple' 5.5x14. I've wanted one for a while now and will match the rest the RFM kit and nice compliment to the Canopus 6.5 BB brass snare for the arsenal which can cover alot. Plus the price and condition is favorable.

I guess the rare part is that it was Ulysses Owen Jr.'s snare which is a nice bonus, such a great player. I don't know if he was officially with Canopus but he definitely owned this snare along with a set. And apparently he swapped the batter for triple flanged instead of the die-cast. I'll see how I like it, it may work as I like the feel of TFs more in general. Also pretty cool the snare made the cover of his brush book, which I don't have but would love to check out (so if anyone worked it, would love to hear your thoughts).

View attachment 119177

View attachment 119175

View attachment 119176
Absolutely beautiful... congrats and enjoy!

Drummer_D

drumbandit

Silver Member
I've got the holy grail.......Brady Solid Wood (hollow tree trunk) Jarrah snare.

These are the original Brady snares and the world's first hollow tree snare drums (took me almost 15 years to find it) :

Attachments

• 20220507_081903.jpg
    20220507_081903.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220507_081908.jpg
    20220507_081908.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220507_082029.jpg
    20220507_082029.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220507_082238.jpg
    20220507_082238.jpg