Anyone going to drop 2k on the Armand 100 Cymbal?

I just can't for the life of me understand that if it's an investment they want, since they can't play it, there's MUCH better investments than cymbals ha ha.

I'm not so sure that my Gurus will go up in value. I'm never selling them so it doesn't even matter. But for argument's sake....They are generally not known. Really expensive. Locating any person wanting them would be like finding a needle in a haystack without a huge electromagnet.

Those Spizzichino cymbals would bring whopping amounts. Interesting cymbal maker-had no experience in making them I understand-reinvented the wheel or the cymbal.

Wow I can't believe this thread, if I had money I wound buy one of these, the piece will gain value over the years.

Plus Zildjian is a great company with a long history.

If you wait a while I reckon there will be a few left unsold and you might get one a lot cheaper. They'll probably end up in music stores as a display piece if truth be told.

Can't see it going up in value, quite the opposite! There's no real demand for them especially when they're readily available on the used market. I can't imagine the 40s being a great era of cymbal making anyway, there was a bit of a row going on and metals were needed elsewhere. Now if you can get one of the 40s Slingys or Ludwigs (not sure who did it) that had wooden lugs, that's an investment.

I just can't for the life of me understand that if it's an investment they want, since they can't play it, there's MUCH better investments than cymbals ha ha.
I've considered this. Not the Limited Edition Armand pies, but cymbals in general. On average, a used cymbal will bring in $100 (again average, some less, some more). If you have 1000 cymbals, that's an estimated average of $100,000.

Get enough of something and it becomes an investment. Getting enough of something for that to happen is the hard part.

Reminds me of the time I was in Ace Music in Miami to pick up a DrumKat. A guy was showing me a Roland Octapad that was all beat up and was relentless in telling me it toured with Miami Sound Machine, like that mattered to me. Obviously there's collector types that this type of thing appeals to.

I'm not so sure that my Gurus will go up in value. I'm never selling them so it doesn't even matter.
In 1000 years from now those Gurus will have had 37 owners, and be the most sought after kit on the planet. They will have been stolen numerous times, saved from fire not once but twice, had a family of squirrel living in them, peed on by many a dog, had numerous fluids (including bodily) spilled on them, amongst other things. I'm pretty sure they get buried in a mudslide too. They will be the things of legend, forged in a castle with the bones and blood of knaves. Wars were fought over those drums, many men and women died just trying to get a glimpse.

The folks who have only a snare will all turn into Schmiegal and covet their "precious".

Well as honestly... 2k for cymbal ....If you make it look special then it must be special. Reminds me of Sabian burying cymbals in the ground...

Back