Anyone go to the guitar center drum off tonight?

ceckha

i did in arlington. its probably not even over yet in some states cause of time differences but anyway, it was definately cool to watch and i plan on competing in it next year.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I attended here in Langhorne PA. I can safely say that no semi-finalists will be produced this year from my area.

i was a judge at the beaumont Tx store , we still have a few more rounds till iknow for sure what we have. overall its better than last year

Trip McNealy

Gold Member
The store in my area just started the store comps this week, my time slot isn't until next week. I have some good ideas to solo and when I'm air drumming them out and pretending I'm in the store, my heart starts to race with nervousness. I gotta stop doing that LOL.

Are judges picking only ONE winner from each store prelims or does a runner up (2nd place) also get to go on to the store finals? I forget last year's rules.

ceckha

I attended here in Langhorne PA. I can safely say that no semi-finalists will be produced this year from my area.
haha thats a shame. nearly every one of the 9 drummers that competed in my city last night were great. one of the judges is my teacher and he said it was really really tough to decide two people.

[QUOTE

Are judges picking only ONE winner from each store prelims or does a runner up (2nd place) also get to go on to the store finals? I forget last year's rules.[/QUOTE]

we pick 2 from the first 3 pre lim rounds then those 6 compete at the store final