Anyone else playing Crush over here?

Dirtysticks

Last year I sold a few kits so when I had a little bit of extra money, I wanted to buy a kit. I initially bought a Pearl BLX but that kit went down the tubes due to faulty shipping. Had to return that kit. Then I bought a Sonor Sonic Plus II kit for $399 but when that kit came in today, all the toms has been cut down, leaving holes above every lug and there’s a big crack on top of the kick drum. That’s more work than I want in a kit and I wasn’t expected that. So back that kit goes. Then, I went on GC.com and saw a new Crush Sublime kit with a 12x8 rack, a 16x14 floor tom, a 24x17 kick and a 6x14 snare for $519. The shells are North American Maple with reinforcement rings. I played one a few years ago and liked the sound so I took the plunge. Added the 10x7 and 14x13 on a blowout sale from Reverb.

I know many don’t believe in Crush but my personal experience is different. I also bought 5.5x14 Crush aluminum that sounds great and is seamless.
Here are some pics of my most recent acquisitions.
Crush Sublime kit with snare.
Premier 14x12 Marching snare.
Trixon 5.5x14 Birch snare with wood hoops.
Crush 5.5x14 Aluminum.
1591294248417.png
1591294263601.png1591294269383.png1591294275289.png1591294281878.png1591294287852.png1591294294312.png1591294300000.png
1591294372219.png
1591294382104.png

Last year I sold a few kits so when I had a little bit of extra money, I wanted to buy a kit. I initially bought a Pearl BLX but that kit went down the tubes due to faulty shipping. Had to return that kit. Then I bought a Sonor Sonic Plus II kit for $399 but when that kit came in today, all the toms has been cut down, leaving holes above every lug and there’s a big crack on top of the kick drum. That’s more work than I want in a kit and I wasn’t expected that. So back that kit goes. Then, I went on GC.com and saw a new Crush Sublime kit with a 12x8 rack, a 16x14 floor tom, a 24x17 kick and a 6x14 snare for $519. The shells are North American Maple with reinforcement rings. I played one a few years ago and liked the sound so I took the plunge. Added the 10x7 and 14x13 on a blowout sale from Reverb.

I know many don’t believe in Crush but my personal experience is different. I also bought 5.5x14 Crush aluminum that sounds great and is seamless.
Here are some pics of my most recent acquisitions.
Crush Sublime kit with snare.
Premier 14x12 Marching snare.
Trixon 5.5x14 Birch snare with wood hoops.
Crush 5.5x14 Aluminum.
View attachment 93095
View attachment 93096View attachment 93097View attachment 93098View attachment 93099View attachment 93100View attachment 93101View attachment 93102
View attachment 93103
View attachment 93104

Like the look of the shell hardware, especially the snare and base.

they sound great from that demo clip you posted! the shells ook really nice and well constructed. there's just something about reinforcement rings that make drums look more substantial and of higher quality to me.

Like the look of the shell hardware, especially the snare and base.
Yeah I liked the look of the drums with the hardware and suspension mounts. They have a classy look to them.
they sound great from that demo clip you posted! the shells look really nice and well constructed. there's just something about reinforcement rings that make drums look more substantial and of higher quality to me.
Yeah these drums are built with high quality and standards. The edges are cut perfectly, they're super smooth and waxed, the interior is sanded smooth, the construction is great on the shells and re-rings and that lacquer is beautiful.
id play one, you dont get as many of them here in the UK though.
I can imagine that you may not see many of them in the UK.
I had an E3 Sublime Maple last year. Beautifully built kit :)

9Y0A6928 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Yeah, your kit was nice, but that brass snare tho!(y)

I can imagine that you may not see many of them in the UK.

Yeah, your kit was nice, but that brass snare tho!(y)

Not many here in the UK. Shame as they are nice kits. People here don't like the name though :(

That was the only time the Brass came out of it's case. Sold it a couple of months ago as it would never have been used :(

I was about to get one on GC when I was beaten to it by someone else and had the idea to go used to save some money as I am a senior in HS with less than $1000. I do like the kit and its features as I did play one at a drum shop once about 11 months ago. I do think crush is out of business tho since they had nothing at Namm this year.

I've been eyeing some of those Crush kits for the unique finishes alone. Glad you like them!

662265b4-4f16-4754-a267-a784b55ab384_1.e5ba821d945d60c90ff2cffd8c2a8214.jpeg

Glad to see Crush is back in the mix. Their website and drum lines were kinda stalled for a while. I got to check out one of their axm sets and they sounded great. Lots of punch with a clear and quick tone!

Not many here in the UK. Shame as they are nice kits. People here don't like the name though :(

Interesting. Is there a particular reason the name isn't liked there? Does it mean something derogatory over there? Or is it similar to how Mapex seems to be despised by many simply for the name?
Just curious because one of my favorite drummers, Jay Postones, from the UK, played Crush drums for a number of years.

They look great. May they give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Help , looking for the rubber groumets for upper toms same as the pearl tom holder. Checked all over none. Please let me know. Thank you. jz

Back