Anyone deal with pet cancer???

Old Dog new Cans

Sorry to hear the news . She looked like a sweet girl and was a really beautiful looking animal ! I was sitting here with my fur girl after the Mobil groomer finished up with her catching up on this thread after looking for an update and reading all the stories here which brought a few tears to my eyes and I get to the latest update post and am now a blubbering mess 😢. She was fortunate to have such a caring family 🙏.

View attachment 115246

Thanks for caring. My sister and her hubby are severely messed up still.

Thanks very much.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
yep...prayers and good thoughts for sure!!!

time will heal, and then the bad memories will be replaced by the good ones...

beatdat

Here's something I recently read:

"The death, and then the grieving and recovery, is one of the biggest gifts we get from our pets. Because they don’t live as long as we do, we have an opportunity to rehearse processing such a huge and personal loss.

It gives us the experience and resilience to process the inevitable loss of family and friends.

This is their final gift."​

May it bring a bit of comfort to all of you who have lost furry friends and family.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member
I suppose this will be a very unpopular opinion. I spent about half of my childhood on ranches and farms, so.

If an animal, especially an animal you love, is suffering, end it.

I wish we could do this for humans too....seeing multiple older members of my family "waste away" in a hospital bed, wheel chair, or nursing home was not good. I remember my grandpa saying: "when i can't wipe my own but, my quality of life is over. Put me down"...he lingered 3 years after that with cancer, adn people wiping his butt....absolutely miserable. Crying all the time....should have been put to sleep

Lefty Phillips

I wish we could do this for humans too....seeing multiple older members of my family "waste away" in a hospital bed, wheel chair, or nursing home was not good. I remember my grandpa saying: "when i can't wipe my own but, my quality of life is over. Put me down"...he lingered 3 years after that with cancer, adn people wiping his butt....absolutely miserable. Crying all the time....should have been put to sleep
There's no emoji up to the task, so I went with "sadface".

If I'm shitting myself, take me out right away.