Anyone can recognise this K ride? (Probably mid 90's)

diegobxr

Silver Member
Hey guys,

I just got this ride as a trade for another cymbal. My guess is that it is an early 90's K Custom Ride.. but I'm not sure, as I've never seen this kind of hammering before. It certainly looks like a modern K Custom ride, it's unlathed, heavy and loud.. but I'm not sure.

Do any of you know what it is? The guy that had it told me he bought it "16 years ago", so that would be 1996.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Attachments

dmacc_2

I could be wrong but I think it may be some version of the K Custom. Looks similar to the one I had. I began to lose touch with Zildjian stuff around that point so more lines may have been released that appeared similar.

Someone more qualified than I will know better.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Yep, looks like a Custom Brilliant without the brilliant finish-- never seen one like that before. Maybe it was a special order.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Looks like an original K Custom to me, just hasn't been cleaned in forever. I bet it sounds really nice and tight.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Looks like an original K Custom to me, just hasn't been cleaned in forever. I bet it sounds really nice and tight.
Absolutely spot on, I have an 85 or 86 20" K Custom, although it's cleaner a version than the one pictured here, but the hammering and dotted circle lines don't lie.

diegobxr

Silver Member
Guys, you're awesome. Thanks a lot for your input.

I did a little bit of searching too and I found these pics right here in DW. It's a K Custom Ride, has the dotted circles but the hammering looks slightly different.

And FYI, the previous owner actually did clean it and polish it, but with some kind of crappy furniture stuff... leaving it in this "acne-looking" shape.

The cymbal sounds nice, but it's nothing to die for. It's pretty bright, loud and gongy. I traded it for a K Custom Dry but the guy is having buyer's remorse about it.. so he's gonna bring it back.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. There's so much knowledge here!!!!

Cheers!