Anyone can confirm diameter for the Roland TD-1DMK rack tubes?

jotadrums

I'm planning to DIY shorter rack arms for the hi-hat on the left and ride cymbal on the right due to floor space limitation. I would like to confirm this in order to get the correct tubes when the kit arrives!! Otherwise I would have measured it myself...:p:p

Any comment on this is truly appreciated.

Last edited:

electrodrummer

Will be industry standard size. (as supplied by Roland, Yamaha, Dixon, Gibraltar etc)
38mm / 1.5"

You might not need to cut anything down. You can change some T-clamps to tube-to-tube clamps and slide to the length you need.

1611745327922.png

jotadrums

Will be industry standard size. (as supplied by Roland, Yamaha, Dixon, Gibraltar etc)
38mm / 1.5". You might not need to cut anything down. You can change some T-clamps to tube-to-tube clamps and slide to the length you need

----Lots and lots of thanks for your answer, you've been very helpful. Subject is I would need to shorten both arms of the Roland TD-1DMK rack, due to floor space constraints. Seems the TD-1DMK rack is conceived in order to allow an upgrade for a second floor tom, another crash and even perhaps another module(?)....hence so wide arms, with spare space that in the basic configuration is not used.

I would need to shorten them (not by cutting down but simply finding shorter poles). Even with the clamp you point (may be an option, of course; it allows to displace the far vertical poles to place them as you wish), the left and right wings for the rack seem too long...

I can't find any clamp exactly like that in your pic. Perhaps could you send me a link? Thank you!!!

Last edited:

Doraemon

You can also just buy shorter arms, there's 25cm too. Whichever is cheaper. That pic looks like Gibraltar SC-GPRRA, but any right angle clamp works.

jotadrums

You can also just buy shorter arms, there's 25cm too. Whichever is cheaper. That pic looks like Gibraltar SC-GPRRA, but any right angle clamp works.
Thanks a lot for being so helpful; I really appreciate it!!!(y):D

jotadrums

Drum-tec sends me to their technical support. My query was if in a 12" arm would fit hi-hat and crash poles (left) and ride+tom 3 corresponding poles (right). Still waiting for the answer....didn't think it was that difficult....:rolleyes::ROFLMAO: