Anybody have the 2013 series Zildjian 24" Medium Ride yet?

I have the 2013 24" A Medium Ride, and a 21" A Sweet Ride on it's way.
I will give my impressions when I get my paws on them.
They may come in today, tomorrow at latest.

These will be the first Zildjian's I have bought since 2001.

I have the 2013 24" A Medium Ride, and a 21" A Sweet Ride on it's way.
I will give my impressions when I get my paws on them.
They may come in today, tomorrow at latest.

These will be the first Zildjian's I have bought since 2001.

Cool! I am liking my Zildjian 24" Medium Ride more every time I get to play it. I think you will enjoy the 21" Sweet Ride too. That thing gets a lot of air time on my kit. I am interested to hear your take on these similar specimen. It would also be cool to hear how they compare to your Paiste 2002's. Till then..

I have been wanting to check out a 20" A Thin Crash as well. I have heard a couple and was really impressed. I wouldn't mind retiring my 20" Medium Thin Constantinople from doom-rock duty for a bit. Then, then I think all things will be right in the world... as far as my kit goes. OK, well at least until I check out some new 14 or 15" New Beats... Aaaaaah... it never ends.

I picked up the 24" Med Ride, and 21" Sweet Ride yesterday after work.
Didn't really get to "get into them" much yet, but my first impressions of them is Zildjian really hit the mark in the re-design of the A line.

WOW.

Not really much to say yet, but I will be playing on them "for real" on my gig Friday and give them a good work out.
More to post later, but what I heard so far is pretty dang awesome.

Road Bull -

Do you happen to know the weight, in grams, of your new 24" Medium Ride?

No I don't. But, I was wondering this myself. I don't have a scale to get that kind of measurement atm. I want to find it though. I will be taking it home here tonight and will try to figure out a good way to get it weighed. if I figure it out I will let you know. I know that the cymbal that's listed on mycymbal.com is over 4K grams. It is by far the heaviest cymbal I have owned. But, having said that, it doesn't feel that heavy.

In late 2012, I purchased a 24" A. Zildjian Medium Ride that is 4104g. The 24" listed on mycymbal.com is even heavier at 4150g. I thought the newer A's were supposed to be lighter.

What's the spotter's guide for the 2013 As? I buy all my cymbals used, so I haven't really kept up with the newest changes. I like A Medium rides well enough, but I'd certainly be interested in one a little thinner, more like the 70s versions (I know there's no replacement for aging).

I have an old hollow logo that the seller claimed was a 22... Turned out to be a 23 and a half inches. I love that thing. So warm and really not as loud as you'd expect a huge cymbal to be. I wonder how the new big a's sound comparatively. Anyway, I find the crash takes some real energy to eek out and then it sustains for a good while, stick def is great and sits just where I like it in the band mix. Recently heard a video of a small bar gig, it was loud... Couldn't even hear my bass drum on the vid, but the big ol' ride came right through the guitars!

What's the spotter's guide for the 2013 As? I buy all my cymbals used, so I haven't really kept up with the newest changes. I like A Medium rides well enough, but I'd certainly be interested in one a little thinner, more like the 70s versions (I know there's no replacement for aging).

Don't know if you can make some sense from this: http://zildjian.com/News-Events/2013/4/What-is-Sound-Legacy

but, I think all the new A's have the larger logo now, like the A Customs have.

Back