Any weird or spooky drum/music-related stories out there?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
One time, I had a lead singer show up on time and actually helped load in gear. Scared me to death! (*Slaps knee and spits tobacco juice)

Anyways, I thought this might be a fun one for October. Any weird, bizarre, or unexplained things happen to, from, or during a gig or practice?

ooooh.. This is right up my alley.

the old band room here at the school I teach at was haunted. I had 3 different personal experiences. Two of them happened around a marimba that was donated to the school in honor of one of my drum students who died suddenly of leukemia when he was a junior. I know it was him coming back to check on us.

I firmly believe in the paranormal b/c I have had over 10 personal experiences starting from the age of 2 on. Most were in my tween and early 20's years. I grew up in a family of "mystics". My mom was/is super into the occult, astral projection and meditation in the 70's. Her best friend is a medium, and always said that I have "abilities". I have done my own studies of metaphysics since 7th grade

total "ghost" nerd here

Back at my old duplex my guitar player and I were jamming in the basement. Out of the corner of our eyes we spotted a little white girl in brown hair in a white dress at the bottom of the stairs, but when we turned to look there was nothing there.

This house was originally purchase by my mother from a Haitian priest in one of the rougher sides of town at the time. I think was about 13 when we moved in there and I believe the house was the issue to a lot of my families turmoil.

My sister battling with husbands and drugs. My mother getting sick with brain cancer and passing away. Me falling into DKA and becoming a type one diabetic at a late age of 23-24.

Shortly after moving out of the house my life seemed to drastically get better it seemed.

I went back to visit the house a few years after it had been foreclosed upon, and sneaking in through an unlocked window in the back. The house had a cold draft and eeriness about it. It made my skin scrawl.

OK so here is something scary. I ran a blues and rock jam for a couple of years. Of course we used my drum set. One time a drummer showed up and he was playing wild and loud. Showing off for his girlfriend and her friends. He was using the drum sticks that I supplied for those drummers who are too dumb to bring their own sticks. When I got back up to my drums to play I found this. OMG!!!

2015 x.jpg

OK so here is something scary. I ran a blues and rock jam for a couple of years. Of course we used my drum set. One time a drummer showed up and he was playing wild and loud. Showing off for his girlfriend and her friends. He was using the drum sticks that I supplied for those drummers who are too dumb to bring their own sticks. When I got back up to my drums to play I found this. OMG!!!

View attachment 124903

wait...he was playing blues and this was the aftermath?

I will never worry about overplaying in my blues stuff ever again!!!

I don't have any ghost stories, but recently have acquired strange taste and changes in my diet. It's sort of freaking me out -I may becoming a foodie. I'm thinking of trying that "Carnivore diet" since my taste have been running in that general range. I may call a dietician or a doctor and ask them what's up-why do I have these cravings.
. Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.19.51 PM.png

After my former band split, the keyboardist decided to erase all our recordings we uploaded on Google Drive for more than a year. Since I was the owner of it, I've done backups constantly so I recovered everything the next day. I've never heard of that guy again. He was a very calm, intelligent and funny guy but he was obviously crazy and not a great keyboardist to be honest.

Before moving to our forever home, my family lived in a haunted duplex. Doors would open/close, strange noises coming from weird places, etc. Nothing malevolent, just off putting. Even the dogs were effected by it at times.

There was a bonus room upstairs that became my music room. That room was weird. Lights would turn on and off, hanging speaker cables would seem to dance along with my drumming. Sometimes I would go upstairs and get a very creepy feeling like the room didnt want me there and I wanted to go back downstairs. Again, nothing malevolent.

I found out about 2 years in that a little girl had died in the building like 20 years earlier. My guess is she still lives there.

So another non music related one

Recently my daughter was out in a garden with her Nan and Mum, apparently she looked back into the house we were at and pointed to one of the windows and said “there’s a man in there”

Then a few hours later inside the house she suddenly looked behind her, looked up and said “Hi” to absolutely no one.

(EDIT: There was a snare drum in the room - not related to the story whatsoever and I’m just doing this to please Al)

Now when I go to that house I take my proton pack just in case.

When we bought the house were told the only owner died in Hospital by the estate agents but now I’m not so sure…..

I have to go there on my own once a week so if I don’t post on here for a while I’ve obviously been taken to the shadow realm.

(Drums)

Last edited:
So another non music related one

Recently my daughter was out in a garden with her Nan and Mum, apparently she looked back into the house we were at and pointed to one of the windows and said “there’s a man in there”

Then a few hours later she suddenly looked behind her, looked up and said “Hi” to absolutely no one.

Now when I go to that house I take my proton pack just in case.
You’re supposed to shoehorn drums/music into that story mate!:ROFLMAO:(y)

Back