Any Vic Firth users out there??????

I love the Thomas Lang model. I used them for pad work & if I had a gig where the stage is far from the crowd & I'm not mic'd.
They were very durable & were the only wood tip sticks I've used that didn't split.
The only thing I didn't like it the white paint. They felt WAY too slippery & would chip off during the gig leaving white specks all over the kit & rug.

Now they're just my go-to for pad work. I use Sex Wax for grip and feel the burn!!!🔥
Cool👍👍

Well I don't play jazz but I have been using been using Vic Firth American jazz 3 also I think there's a modern jazz 3 that I like a lot. I'm leaning towards the AJ 3 more lately. For quieter rehearsals or gigs I like AJ 5. I think they are similar to 7A but longer. Great for moving quickly and quietly around the kit.
👍👌 Lucky you. I recently got a Nova 7A from my friend Joel.

I use the X5A model. I switched from Vaters only because I couldn’t find a match with Vater. Since I’ve had to switch to low volume drumming, I needed something with a bit less shock and the long taper along with extra length makes the pads much easier on the wrists and more true to real drum heads. The Vater nylon tip doesn’t seem to wear out as fast as Vaters either. There was no point in using wood tips on L80s. They would wear to nothing in a week or two tops. I can go three months on the nylon tips. Still falls short of when I wasn‘t using the L80 stick grinders.

I always read the VFs weren’t as hard as Vaters and would break. Haven’t seen that with one pair yet and I’m on my 8th pair. Pretty happy with them. Too bad they cost half as much more per pair.

I use the X5A model. I switched from Vaters only because I couldn’t find a match with Vater. Since I’ve had to switch to low volume drumming, I needed something with a bit less shock and the long taper along with extra length makes the pads much easier on the wrists and more true to real drum heads. The Vater nylon tip doesn’t seem to wear out as fast as Vaters either. There was no point in using wood tips on L80s. They would wear to nothing in a week or two tops. I can go three months on the nylon tips. Still falls short of when I wasn‘t using the L80 stick grinders.

I always read the VFs weren’t as hard as Vaters and would break. Haven’t seen that with one pair yet and I’m on my 8th pair. Pretty happy with them. Too bad they cost half as much more per pair.
Oh ok. I got Vater too, mine's a Goodwood Fusion model 5A.

I have played most brands and I have never found anything I like better than Vic Firths. They do tend to chip the tips more quickly; not sure why either. But for some unexplainable reason they just feel and look better in my hands.

Back