Any suggestions on what to do with

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Sell them.

You could probably get $250-$300 for someone who wanted to restore them.

The pedal says DW 2000. Not sure what else you want to know. It seems to be a very old attempt to make a cheap beginner double pedal.

toddbishop

Platinum Member
Why do you have to do anything with them? They're rough, but serviceable, though concert toms have kind of limited appeal these days. The Dynasonic is a nice drum- don't do anything rash with it. I don't remember there being a DW 2000, but it looks to be early 80's vintage. It's made by DW, and has the same mechanism as virtually every other good pedal on the market, so properly cleaned, lubricated, and adjusted it should be usable.

Edit: Oh, right, I missed that it was a double pedal.

I just got my first brand new drum set, a Sonor. So these are just taking up space in my parents house.

Just looking for some ideas. I am going to keep the snare, I think.

I got a new DW3000 single pedal. The new pedal works a billion times better than the the old one.

I have just never seen a DW like that. I used it for over 20 years, So I know it works.

If you look at the picture, I don't think they were originally concert toms, it looks like the holes were plugged and the drums wrapped, but that happened prior to 1988 or so, when I got them.

Spreggy

Silver Member
I would take the floor tom, snare, and a tom or two and make an ultra-portable set out of it. For instance, put four bass spurs on the floortom for extreme sturdiness and make it your bass drum, and attach tom holders to it to attach a snare, a tom, and a cymbal. Slap a big old handle on top to carry it into the gig with. When it comes time to play some wedding on the third floor of a building with a tiny freight elevator, you're in and out like a singer.

Jungle kit, jazz kit, mini-kit, the possibilities are endless.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Unless space is a problem,i'd hang on the them.They're Ludwig drums..lots of mojo..PM if you still want to sell.

Steve B

RollingStone000

Silver Member
My god that hurts to look at.

I'd suggest a project kit, but those shells look like they're beat to hell on the inside. If it was just the bearing edges.

Are the shells out of round?

My god that hurts to look at.

I'd suggest a project kit, but those shells look like they're beat to hell on the inside. If it was just the bearing edges.

Are the shells out of round?
I know man...I think they are still round. The last time they had new heads was like 1998 or so. They are beat to hell, and since they are, I am going to do the following.

A ULTRA LOW BUDGET project. I am going to ditch the 8 and 10 (they suck anyway) going to harvest some used parts from them. I am going to to remove the wrap and see what's there.

If they underneath is decent, get some dark stain and stain them (I plan on cleaning the insides as best I can) If not, wrap them with something inexpensive.

I just want to make them all uniform. I am going to drill the holes out for the bottom heads, and recut the bearing edges. Basically I am going to make it a little more presentable as a player/practice kit. Here is my parts list so far. if anyone has these items for cheap, let me know:
12 inch hoop
13 inch hoop
16 inch hoop
2 small lugs
8 large lugs
10 t rods and claws for ludwig (can trade for the slingerlands on there) I may just get the claws and got with regular screws....don't know.

I found a music shop that has a bunch of this stuff used in big box. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible.

Red Menace

Platinum Member
What size is that bass drum?

Hit me up if you're looking to sell anything. I think we live in the same neck of the woods. Please post pics as your project progresses. I love restoration threads.

What size is that bass drum?

Hit me up if you're looking to sell anything. I think we live in the same neck of the woods. Please post pics as your project progresses. I love restoration threads.
24 inches. I love the way it sounds. I will document the whole project. I am going to keep the snare. I am going to get new heads, but cannot fathom spending the money for the appropriate snare strainer, so since mine are cashed, I am just going to get a set of replacements from Guitar Center. I am going to clean the whole thing too.

If I sell anything I will let you know.