Any suggestions for ear piercing china cymbals? Not too expensive?

Naigewron

Platinum Member
Yup, for china cymbals on a budget you really can't get any better than Wuhans. Be careful though, the reason they are so cheap is because the quality control is lacking, so you may have to hit a few chinas before finding one that's in good shape and sounds good to you.

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
X2 on the Wuhan. 18" Lion China. Crazy-trashy. Don't buy it for it's high reputation to cracking though. You gotta take it easy on the Wuhans.

zephead19

X2 on the Wuhan. 18" Lion China. Crazy-trashy. Don't buy it for it's high reputation to cracking though. You gotta take it easy on the Wuhans.
Yeah i agree with the wuhan. Like Naigewron said though make sure you try a few out first though. SNSRus what is the difference between a regular Wuhan China and a Lion china?

Naigewron

Platinum Member
I believe they're all officially called Wuhan Lion chinas, but since they only have the one series, people generally just refer to them as Wuhan chinas

Crazy+Hands

Saluda voodoo chinas are a great as well, and they have more options for sizes, finishes, etc than wuhan for about the same price.

F

fusssion

Saluda voodoo chinas are a great as well, and they have more options for sizes, finishes, etc than wuhan for about the same price.
AGREED!!!

Saluda 19" Voodoo China in this video at:
1:19
1:48
2:12
3:13
3:19

Not the best recording of the song, but ...it's cool :)

NOTE: ONLY THE CHINESE cymbal is a Saluda, the rest were junk old cymbals on a kit that we were forced to use for this 'one-set' gig ...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKFq-9GMUk

Fiery

Silver Member
Stagg chinas are pretty much the same deal as Wuhan, except that they have a few different models beside the standard Lion china. Worth checking out.

Special K

I was thinking about getting the Zildjian Oriental Trash 18" china, but i have heard it cracks really easy, is this true? Or is it kind of the same with all chinese cymbals? Also, all of my other cymbals are Sabians, and i was wondering if there was a sabian equivalent.

alparrott

Platinum Member
LP used to make the Rancan china, it's discontinued now but you can sometimes find them on eBay or Craigslist. The 20" I have is by far the best, most natural sounding china I've ever heard, and I get comments on it all the time.