Any reason to save original drum/hardware packaging?

charliedrummer

I recently purchased a new Ludwig snare, two new DW pedals, a DW snare stand, and a Pearl tom stand. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether I should save or discard (recycle) the original boxes they came in. Is there any advantage to holding onto them?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Handy to keep if you think returning goods is a possibility, & you have the space.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Saving the boxes for the duration of the guarantee is a good idea if you have to ship anything back to the factory.

The only other time keeping the original box and paperwork is a good idea,is if you buy a one of a kind or limited edition drum.This will establish provanance and add to the collectability and resale value.

Steve B

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
I have the original boxes for my 2000 dw kit, some day if my kids sell them it will help bring a better price ;-)

BGH

Gold Member
I save boxes just because I have times when I actively sell stuff on eBay. I rarely need to buy a box. If not for that, I'd recycle all boxes.

markdrum

Silver Member
Just break them down and put them in the garage. It's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. A little packing tape and they're good.