Any pearl Export EX Red Wine(?) 22'' x 20'' bass drum or similar on the market ?

uhohopossum

Hi, I've bought a second hand drum kit and would like to buy a second bass drum to put additional tom on it, to play it and because it look cooler. The kit seems to be discontinued and i can't find the same drum to buy or similar size / color. I have found one of the same brand / color but it is 22''x18''

Hi, I've bought a second hand drum kit and would like to buy a second bass drum to put additional tom on it, to play it and because it look cooler. The kit seems to be discontinued and i can't find the same drum to buy or similar size / color. I have found one of the same brand / color but it is 22''x18''
22x18 will work just as well and still have the “cool” factor...go for it! (y) :)

Pearl makes an addon kit in their export line that you can get through gc, mf, etc. It comes with a 22 bass drum, 14 floor tom, and either an 8 or 10 tom (don't remember which). It's intended to be an expansion pack for a standard 5pc export kit turning it into an 8pc double bass kit.

Pearl does not make an Export bass drum in 20" depths. They have been 14", 16", and 18" over the course of Export history. To get anything deeper you either need a different series Pearl and custom order, a different manufacturer that builds 20" deep kicks, or order a shell in the size you want and swap over the hardware. You will have to special order a wrap also.

Pearl does not make an Export bass drum in 20" depths. They have been 14", 16", and 18" over the course of Export history. To get anything deeper you either need a different series Pearl and custom order, a different manufacturer that builds 20" deep kicks, or order a shell in the size you want and swap over the hardware. You will have to special order a wrap also.

You can get a Tama superstar in 22x20 but the red won't be exactly the same and the lugs will be totally different. Closest thing I can think of off hand.

The kit seems to be discontinued and i can't find the same drum to buy or similar size / color. I have found one of the same brand / color but it is 22''x18''
Buy the 22x18 while you can. I too, am not aware of Pearl ever making a 22x20 Export (I wonder what the story is, there) ..... so finding another one is gonna be hard. Get the 22x18. If the color and lugs match ..... call that a win.

Last edited:
Question for @uhohopossum:

When you measured the drum, did you go head to head or outside of hoop to outside of hoop? Hoop to hoop can add an inch either way. If you measured hoop to hoop and got 20", its really 18".

^ Was going to post this as well

EDIT: as far as i know Pearl never released or made Export 22x20" bass drums.

Last edited:
Back