Any Kansas / Phil Ehart fans?

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I think Audio Visions, vinyl confessionals and drastic measures what are the albums with some strong Christian lyrics. I bought the power album after drastic measures and started losing interest then. Since then I have picked up several albums between then and now and they're okay the not near as good as they're really stuff. I think Karry and Dave left the band after drastic measures and Steve Walsh returned. Steve Morris was with the band for a while you can sure tell his guitar work on the albums he played on.
yeah...Steve W had his rebirth around that time. I forgot about Power...my first GF got me that cassette for my BD...it actually was not that bad...might have to listen to that tonight

equipmentdork

I saw them last December at the Beacon in NYC. They played Leftoverture AND Point of Know Return complete PLUS a bunch of hits! It was a musical beatdown like I hadn't known since King Crimson in 2017. This was no oldies act--they played with precision and fire. I also know the new keyboard player, Tom Brislin, a monster performer/songwriter in his own right.

Dan

Ruok

Silver Member
I know some of us Kansas fans were disappointed when Walsh left in the early 80s, but there were still some great tracks on those two Elafante led albums. Livgren mentioned that they were under a lot of pressure to write simpler songs at that time too. With that in mind, they still threw in some great progressive music. Here's a pretty good example, IMO.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I know some of us Kansas fans were disappointed when Walsh left in the early 80s, but there were still some great tracks on those two Elafante led albums. Livgren mentioned that they were under a lot of pressure to write simpler songs at that time too. With that in mind, they still threw in some great progressive music. Here's a pretty good example, IMO.

this was the last Kansas album I liked....everything after this was some other group....sort of like Metallica after the Black Album....

Crossfire is also a great song