Any gigs cancelled due to the virus?

All gigs cancelled in OC and LA, California.

Yep. Haven't heard about my April dates, but I'm not too hopeful. One date from next week has already been rescheduled by the venue for November.

We've had two further festival bookings cancel today. We're expecting everything to cancel into June at least, likely beyond that. The only good news, so far every festival that's cancelled has wanted to roll our booking into next year's event. That's cold comfort, but at least it's something retrieved from this mess. At this rate, we'll have more festivals confirmed for 2021 than we have for this year!

The police shut down all my gigs. I'm puzzled about this, since once we start playing the place clears out anyway. Ha not really. One bar is using this time for renovations.

Everything cancelled for the forseeable future. Have lost my entire income :(

Yup. just canceled the gig for our online stream. It was only going to be about 15 production people in a room (band, cameras, audio people), but it would be socially irresponsible to go ahead and do it with everyone stuck at home and us out and about. Plus I'd prefer to not catch this as well.

Stay safe, and lets hope this passes sooner than later.

When I started this post a week ago I hadn’t been affected. Now I’m about to play my last gig for the forseeable future. Everything else cancelled, but at least this Sunday afternoon we’ll play party songs in a small pub that is restricting audience numbers to comply with government regulations.

So today’s gig went well with the restricted crowd.
And when I got home our prime minister shut down all pubs, clubs, venues, cafes and restaurants.
So that’s it. No more gigs until we emerge from the other end.

Yea - our band has re-scheuled nearly $50k worth of shows to summer months and we just had a zoom meeting with our booker that suspects that this may last longer than even this summer - so it's absolutely devastating us. Luckily we keep an operating budget as a band so we can dip into that to try to survive - but now we are looking at grants, etc. to survive this.

Here's a couple links for professional musicians seeking relief:

Just lost my reunion gig with my 80's band. Lot's of tickets sold, anticipated a blast, playing better than ever.......sucks :(

Back