Any Foo Fighters fans here? :) "Learn To Fly" drum cover

diegobxr

Silver Member
Hey guys and gals!

I wanted to share with you this little vid I made. It's a drum cover of this (IMO) great song by the Foo Fighters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0AqSDY8tw&feature=relmfu

Please bear in mind it's not 100% accurate, I missed a few fills and breaks, but overall I think it's not that bad either. It gets kinda messy for a bit at the end too.

It's quite a simple song but very fun to play and I think Taylor's drum part is perfect for it.

Any feedback, critiscism or opinion is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot! :)

Cheers!

Diego

HMNY

Silver Member
Nice Job!

I have been trying to learn this as well, and it is actually quite tricky as as far as I can see, TH doesn't seem to play a straight 4/4 beat, I read somewhere he is playing a sort of bossanova beat?

diegobxr

Silver Member
Looks good! Def an improvement over your Rage cover last week!
Thanks man, I appreciate it! :)

Nice Job!

I have been trying to learn this as well, and it is actually quite tricky as as far as I can see, TH doesn't seem to play a straight 4/4 beat, I read somewhere he is playing a sort of bossanova beat?
Hey HMNY, well, it depends for long have you been playing.. Actually it's not a hard song at all, and it's in 4/4. Yeah, it's not the typical "boom-bap / boom boom-bap" rock beat.. it's a bit different, but not hard. Any questions you may have please feel free to ask!

Oh, and thanks for watching! :)

Cheers!!