Any drum shops I should visit on my road trip?

lxh039

In a few weeks I'm traveling from Fayetteville, AR to southern New Jersey, going through Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware along the way. I'll probably also spend some time in NYC during the trip. Any amazing drum shops along the route that I should stop in to check out?

Not sure if your travels take you through Memphis TN but if I were driving through I'd stop in at the Memphis Drum Shop.

Not sure if your travels take you through Memphis TN but if I were driving through I'd stop in at the Memphis Drum Shop.

I've been dying to visit the Memphis drum shop. Our road trip is starting really late in the evening, though, and will put us in Memphis around 10pm. They'll be closed at that point. :-/ Really, I'm looking for a cool drum shop to visit between the Knoxville to NJ stretch of the drive. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

When you get back, go to Tulsa to Drum World. Pretty good place.

Fork's in Nashville is a must-visit shop!

I'm not sure what is left of 'Music Row' on Manhattan's 48th street. Manny's, Sam Ash, 'We Buy Guitars' and a bunch of other stores were the places to get stuff many years ago. Mannys has long since closed I know Sam Ash was moving to a new location a couple years ago. Maybe some of the older NYC folks can chime in as to if anything is left there, and what happened to all the memorabilia that hung in those stores. It was a great place to see in those days.

Not for me. Vacation is a removal from all things "home" related. Beach, bars, diving, cycling, hiking - no drums.

Back