Anxiety or depression among household adults.

felonious69

Gold Member
I was just saying...my bucket gets full...I just go get another bucket...I am not gonna let life get me down like I used to be.

And I use five gallon buckets...I can take a LOT of S#!+!

Moving away from the leak that keeps filling the bucket helps too.
For me:
Drinking...move away
Drugs...move away
Negative people...move away

Last edited:
All I can say is be aware of the signs and symptoms of a mental health crisis and get assistance when needed.

https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/immediate-help

Talk with someone if you or someone you know gives the impression that there is a potential for danger to ones self or others.

The population here is responsible for a large amount of mental heath care via entertainment. Honor that value folks! You are NOT expendable and are likely the source of much needed stress relief for MANY others even with the reduction in performance opportunities.
This is really a serious matter that needs attention. Studies were done and the results were at an alarming rate as it triples from the previous records without the pandemic. Immediate help should be provided as we are heading to a mental health pandemic.

Otto

Platinum Member
I work in bio-informatics and I really don't like how 'we' have handled the information aspects of the pandemic. So much opportunism and so little compassion.

no matter the source, the message seems to be 'you are children that need someone else to decide for you'...and 'us vrs them'.

doen't help that the CDC website is nearly unintelligible even for professional use...and no one seems to feel able to say 'i don't know'...which is the only real thing to say.

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
I see "no shirt, no shoes, no service" everywhere. Nothing about no pants. They really should do a better job of clarifying the lines.
No shirt...no shoes...no service only applies to repu...do I dare finish it?. I've been looking at post reply now for 90 seconds. I feel like the president hovering over the nuclear button.

I work in bio-informatics and I really don't like how 'we' have handled the information aspects of the pandemic. So much opportunism and so little compassion.

no matter the source, the message seems to be 'you are children that need someone else to decide for you'...and 'us vrs them'.

doen't help that the CDC website is nearly unintelligible even for professional use...and no one seems to feel able to say 'i don't know'...which is the only real thing to say.
This is what most of us feels. The amount of misinformation can't be countered by information that can't be understood.

pgm554

Platinum Member
Probably one of the best pieces of psychological advice I ever heard was from ex's shrink when she was going through a tough stretch.
Quit watching the news.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
We have global human travel, global plant and animal travel. It’s really a new paradigm and challenge for earthlings to deal with viruses that can cause disease and become a pandemic so quickly. There needs to be global sentinel testing of animals and plants that globally travels for various pathogens. Viruses have to have a living vector and a critical population size to succeed - our habits fit perfectly with their needs.

Plant viruses have always interested me cause they don’t cause disease and there are only 3 families that infect plants, and animals/humans. However that may not be true anymore cause several now are suspected to cause human illness. Antibodies against the viruses characterized- there is a pepper virus that is interesting because it produces intestinal pain but appears to have molecular mimicry to protect against Parkinson’s. There’s a concern some plant viruses could become problematic in future especially with so much travel, gene flow and hybridization so a virus doesn’t have to mutate just acquire new genes. Humans definitely make antibodies to a number of different plant viruses that infects our food. Just think what a issue if a food source could become a vector for a pandemic virus- like rice, corn or tubers/taters.

There are just too many Machiavellian despots running around planet for much cooperation against any global issue.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I keep hearing that anxiety and mental issues are up during the pandemic, as is substance abuse. While I'm not advocating that this is a good thing, it makes more people able to understand, and that is a good thing.

-OR-

Now normal folks get to understand what it means to be freaking out on a daily basis for no reason. Perhaps now they wont be so dismissive to those of us who are freaking out for no reason every day.