Anti-slip for pedals

bud7h4

Silver Member
I'm refering to the floor plate, not the pedal board. Anyone using no slip tape, for example that which is used for shower floors? I'm trying to find a solution similar to Tama's rubber gripping. I absolutely despise velcro.

maybe something like this
20111001_aa0205.JPG

Re: anti-slip ideas for pedals?

I have used the floor mat from my car before. It worked well.

Stageworks do a pack of two. I have used them on a tiled floor and they are great.

A cheaper option, go to Halfords, they do a roll of none slip mat that works almost as well.

What's wrong with velcro? I'm not trying to change anyone's mind...I've just always wondered why some people hate velcro under pedals. I love my velcro. Enlighten me, please.

Whats velcro going to do on a slipery floor, like tiles or wood?

Good point; I guess I'm just used to always bringing my rug with me. Real grippy rubber would be cool, but I think on the worst surfaces my left pedal would still creep away from me. Most likely a non-issue for single-pedal setups, though.

Maybe I should rethink my velcro.

I like the spikes coming out the bottom a bit, into my drum rug.

Velcro on a hard floor is worthless. Velcro on a rug will hold the pedal in place, but try to make minor adjustments without lifting the whole rug every time you lift the pedal . I had velcro on my hi-hat stand pedal (it came that way), it was a nightmare.

Try some double-sided carpet tape.

Really sticky and works well for sticking carpet/rug backing to a smooth surface. Not sure how "solid" it would feel on the pile side of a carpet/rug - it might give a bit. But it's cheap and works for holding down a rug on a laminated floor in my house. Just clean the dust off the surfaces before sticking!

For anyone wanting to apply any of these which are not self adhesive, I don't know of a better double-sided tape than Killer Red. Very strong but probably easier to remove/undo than glue or cement.

Whats velcro going to do on a slipery floor, like tiles or wood?

Don't most drummers seem to set up on a rug with marks for positioning?

I love velcro when you land whatever you are using in the right place.

But, if you want to adjust it just 1/4", you have to tear it loose :)

I used to have tape on my rug marking everything. By the time the last of the tape fell off, I didn't need it anymore because I had my system down. Bass drum first, which is easy to line up with certain spots of the rug edge. Master pedal next, then attach the driveshaft and slave pedal, then place the slave pedal down. Hihat goes next to that.

I very rarely adjust anything, and when I do it's easy since my rug is one of those heavy rubber-backed ones. That's why I don't hate velcro.

Back