Another Thread About Paiste Flat Rides

You can also get perfectly good split rivets at an ordinary hardware store. Look for ones that are thin, about 10-13 mm long, and where the heads are just wide enough to not go through the holes.

See, these are the things Google won't tell me that easily. Brilliant, thanks a bunch 👍

I'm a Euro though,
You can probably get split rivets any/drum shop/music store/ probably not Ringo's house/
know what they look like---------->

agop_rivets.jpg

insert and use a screwdriver spread them; use plies to recrimp to take out. Last about 60 cycles of that..or 6 cycles whatever comes first 😁

Last edited:
I usually start to spread the split ends using a flat head screwdriver (carefully!) and then if I like the sound, I finish the job by bending the legs about 90 degrees with a pair of needle nose pliers.

You can probably get split rivets any/drum shop/music store/ probably not Ringo's house/
know what they look like---------->

agop_rivets.jpg

insert and use a screwdriver spread them; use plies to recrimp to take out. Last about 60 cycles of that..or 6 whatever comes first 😁

Probably not Ringo's house.. that's disappointing. But I'll manage.

This is all great, thanks for the input. Rivets, here I go. On an 18" ride, never thought I'd see the day. What fun..!

Flat..! Ride.

• Haha
Reactions: jda
I usually start to spread the split ends using a flat head screwdriver (carefully!) and then if I like the sound, I finish the job by bending the legs about 90 degrees with a pair of needle nose pliers.

So I want them to really be stuck in there, or do I want them to be somewhat loose? Maybe test before I decide?

So I want them to really be stuck in there, or do I want them to be somewhat loose? Maybe test before I decide?
Buy some twine.
Crimp a couple splits to the twine. Tie Loop knot the twine around your stand stem.
Sizzle away
with no commitment (geesh kids these days 😁

Twine.JPG

"Stock up on twine. Cause ya never know.."

Twine.JPGoldK22 013.JPG

Last edited:
Loose for sure. Free movement is key. The reason I said thin, with not-so-large heads, is so they vibrate around more freely. I should have clarified when I said 90 degrees, I meant like this:IMG_2771.jpeg

Loose for sure. Free movement is key. The reason I said thin, with not-so-large heads, is so they vibrate around more freely. I should have clarified when I said 90 degrees, I meant like this:View attachment 147789

Ah, there we go, this makes sense. I was thinking maybe it's about a change in pitch or overtone control, so was thinking maybe we go tight.

Imagine such a small thing being such a thing to discuss. I love this instrument.

20". An 18" is mostly a crash/medium cymbal to me.
Models - both are great, but I'd lean towards the 2002 for more volume.

Back