Another loss.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
In a short period of notable losses to the music industry, I'm sad to report the passing of local boy, & Mott the Hoople drummer, Dale Griffin. Dale had been ill for some time, so this was not entirely unexpected, but the coincidence of Dale passing in the same week as the man who penned their biggest hit is not lost on me.

I'm off to band rehearsal now, & expect our bass player to be pretty cut up. He played with Verden & Dale back in the day (after Mott the Hoople). I was only discussing Dale's illness with Martin a few months back, & he reported Dale was in a really bad way.

We're playing this Saturday in Hereford, & expect Verden to be in the audience. I'm sure we'll have a conversation this evening about the appropriateness of including Dudes in the set.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35342699

RIP Dale.

lsits

Gold Member
So sad to hear this. Mott The Hoople was one of my earliest influences. Buffin was an often overlooked drummer. RIP.

eamesuser

Silver Member
Sorry to hear this news,condolences to friends and family.

Always liked Mott, they were pretty popular in the NE,never got a lot of airplay in the SE.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys.

Of minor interest, but we did discuss "Dudes" last night, & have decided to play it on Saturday, dedicated to the memory of the two lost protagonists.

barryabko

Thanks guys.

Of minor interest, but we did discuss "Dudes" last night, & have decided to play it on Saturday, dedicated to the memory of the two lost protagonists.
Hey Andy,

I would also vote for you guys to play Dudes as a tribute. It would be very fitting. In my last band I sang lead on that song and it one my favorites.

Barry

Icetech

Gold Member
Man.. the next like 5 years are gonna be non stop like this i think. Just age getting guys.. i figure we will lose another beatle this year even. Hate getting older :(