Another eBay con artist

About 6 months ago,there was a listing on Ebay(US) that had a 60's Rogers Dynasonic snare with a 6.5x14 wood shell.Pretty scarce drum,and it was in immaculate condition,except for one thing.The serial numbers on the paper tag inside the shell were deliberately scratched off.The seller in an effort of feigned honesty to provide full disclosure said he had no idea why somone would do that.

So I emailed him and said....the ONLY reason somone would do that is to hide the fact that the drum was stolen property,and cannot any longer be positively identified.

His reply was...yeah..so what,what are you a cop?

My reply...why yes I am.I believe the auction ran its course,but I don't think the drum sold.

Steve B

About 6 months ago,there was a listing on Ebay(US) that had a 60's Rogers Dynasonic snare with a 6.5x14 wood shell.Pretty scarce drum,and it was in immaculate condition,except for one thing.The serial numbers on the paper tag inside the shell were deliberately scratched off.The seller in an effort of feigned honesty to provide full disclosure said he had no idea why somone would do that.

So I emailed him and said....the ONLY reason somone would do that is to hide the fact that the drum was stolen property,and cannot any longer be positively identified.

My reply...why yes I am.I believe the auction ran its course,but I don't think the drum sold.

Steve B

GOOD.
I just saw a Black Beauty--which was actually a B STOCK BB up for auction on ebay a week or so ago listed as just regular (A quality) BB "king of snares".

I was going to say something, but it was late in the auction and it went for a reasonable price--even for a B Stock.
It's STILL a Black Beauty, but it had the clipped B/O, and NO mention that it was not an "A" stock drum.
Just kinda bugged me. The seller could have had no idea it was a B stock, but with that clipped badge?

I just got a B Stock Brass Edition snare. It's fantastic other than the clipped badge and no BE plate. The thing that's "wrong" with it can't really be seen except right up on it, but that's why it's a B. It's not a "perfect" looking shell.

It sounds just as good as my other Brass BB's (I did an A/B posting) too, so I don't think/feel it's any "less of a drum".

I sat here and thought that looked fine. Looks an awful lot like my Paiste ride, actually.

Then I saw the second picture. Ouch.

Woah, woah, woah........

So are you telling me you don't think it was a deliberate hammer blow from some strong arm in the Paiste factory?? :)

Just look at the guys "recent" sales history ... 6 negatives, 1 neutral in the last 6 months ... pass ....​

Steve B

I would have reported him to eBay. They don't want people selling stolen stuff on their site either.

Back