Andy's jam night :)

How did you find that? I've looked but to no avail! I did find some photos though ...

... and the good thing, I'm not on it :)

WILL you give over! Ashamed of your association with North Wales, are you, boyo??

Attachments

• Andy at jam night.jpg
    Andy at jam night.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Andy at jam night2.jpg
    Andy at jam night2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 172
Oh bloody hell Henri!!!! Yes, you're in deep water for posting this :( They would just show the bit where I miss the hats (due to height) & stumble. One friggin' song, one friggin' mistake, & they decide to put it into a video - bugger! ;) I gave up on the start because the guitarist was noodling for so long too. Guess the guy who edited it must have liked something - I'm not seeing it.

Fun night though guys, & yes Madge, Henri played really well, especially with that kit & wonky sticks. Me, I just hit the crap out of it ;) ;) ;)

They would just show the bit where I miss the hats (due to height) & stumble. One friggin' song, one friggin' mistake, & they decide to put it into a video - bugger! ;)

Haga, welcome to my world!!

Fun night though guys, & yes Madge, Henri played really well, especially with that kit & wonky sticks. Me, I just hit the crap out of it ;) ;) ;)

You both slapped puppies. I was, and still am, chuffed to little mintballs. I bloody loves you guys.

I would have loved to be there!!!

Andy, during the intro I thought that the singer and guitarist were ... not very good!

Why is nobody going to setup that drumset correctly?? Who set up the cymbals so high and at a flat angle like that??

Andy, during the intro I thought that the singer and guitarist were ... not very good!

Why is nobody going to setup that drumset correctly?? Who set up the cymbals so high and at a flat angle like that??
The setup was a bit of a struggle (although I have played worse). It's why I missed the hats & subsequently the snare hit. Once I dialled into the weird layout, after a few bars, I was fine.

I thought the singer did a pretty good job actually. There were much better examples of drumming as the song went on too, but of course, they chose to show the shitty bit :( No excuses, I screwed up, but hey, it's a one shot deal jam night :)

The setup was a bit of a struggle (although I have played worse). It's why I missed the hats & subsequently the snare hit. Once I dialled into the weird layout, after a few bars, I was fine.

I thought the singer did a pretty good job actually. There were much better examples of drumming as the song went on too, but of course, they chose to show the shitty bit :( No excuses, I screwed up, but hey, it's a one shot deal jam night :)

I took my two tech guys along, you should have asked one of them to adjust the kit for you ;)

I feel your pain. On the night I played, did they show our second song, by which time I had got used to the kit and didn't drop my sticks?

Tell you what, after the LDS this year (or any time you're in the UK of course), why don't we all go again? We had a good laugh, and the more the merrier.

Looks like fun though. Don't worry, Andy, we all know it's the guitarist's fault. he was too absorbed in his "intro" to play it with the right count.

Okay, for those who don't know the scenario, this thread might sound a little strange, so I feel I need to give some splaining here...

A few weeks ago, Andy and I agreed to go and see Madge performing for the second time in a jam night in a pub in Notrh Wales, Magenta kindly invited us for diner, but at a later stage her band couldn't play the gig, nevertheless we still went to Madge's house for a meal on the 26 February and we had a mini DW meet up and we were introduced to Liam (Madge's teacher) followed by going to watch the musicians playing at the jam night at the pub down the road.

After Andy talked to someone, he and I were listed to play a number at the end of the night, they chose to put Andy's perfromance on the clip and unfortunately, they didn't put mine on, which is a real shame... I wanted a good laugh.

So this explaining that, that's what this thread is about... :)

How did you find that? I've looked but to no avail!

On the same YT channel of your jam night Madge.

WILL you give over! Ashamed of your association with North Wales, are you, boyo??

On the contrary girly!! I'm proud of my association with North Wales and you have a lot to do with it.

Oh bloody hell Henri!!!! Yes, you're in deep water for posting this :(

It's alright mate, I can swim...

:)

Fun night indeed, Frances and I enjoyed it immensely.

You can only do what you can with a boxy sounding kit, a very high hi-hat and wonky sticks... it was not Smoke On The Water it was Smoke On The Drummer :) Thanks Andy, you didn't do too bad either... except playing under the hi-hat with your stick, you pervert!

I was, and still am, chuffed to little mintballs. I bloody loves you guys.

... and I'm still stuffed with meatballs, I bloody love your cooking girl.

... and don't get me started on caeks.

We would have loved your company too David :)

Tell you what, after the LDS this year (or any time you're in the UK of course), why don't we all go again? We had a good laugh, and the more the merrier.
Yes, it was a good night :)

Looks like fun though. Don't worry, Andy, we all know it's the guitarist's fault. he was too absorbed in his "intro" to play it with the right count.
Hmmm, can't blame the guitarist for my screwup :(

You can only do what you can with a boxy sounding kit, a very high hi-hat and wonky sticks... it was not Smoke On The Water it was Smoke On The Drummer :) Thanks Andy, you didn't do too bad either... except playing under the hi-hat with your stick, you pervert!
Yes, playing the underside of the hats, then clashing sticks so you miss the snare, is certainly a perversion of justice ;)

So now that you are aware of the who, what, why and how, aren't Andy and Henri the best, most supportive drummy friends anybody could ever wish for?

On the same YT channel of your jam night Madge.

Doh.

You can only do what you can with a boxy sounding kit, a very high hi-hat and wonky sticks...

I'm so glad I took my own sticks when I played! The kit and cymbals were enough of a challenge. It was all about survival, as far as I was concerned; little wonder that I didn't get much of a buzz afterwards.

... and don't get me started on caeks.

All gone now, I'm afraid. I think Liam had the last Jaffa caek the other day.

Really? I'll have to revise my opinion of him then... he just went down quite a few notches :(

Look, I have to feed him caek, otherwise he makes me play Swiss Army Triplets.

Actually, he makes me play them anyway ... he's very harsh.

They would just show the bit where I miss the hats (due to height) & stumble. One friggin' song, one friggin' mistake, & they decide to put it into a video - bugger! ;) I gave up on the start because the guitarist was noodling for so long too.

LOL - Murphy strikes again! Funny how that works out. I think the only way to stop guys like that from fluffing around is to smack the snare on the 4 of the fourth repetition and go into a fat, nasty money beat :)

I was surprised when I heard the vocal. I didn't expect him to get up there.
Me too. Fair play, that's a tough opening vocal piece from cold!

which one was Andy? the big bald guy ?
No, the one who f^*%d up royally ;)

Look, I have to feed him caek, otherwise he makes me play Swiss Army Triplets.

Actually, he makes me play them anyway ... he's very harsh.
I doubt very much that Liam is intimidated by you - ahem, more the other way around ;)

LOL - Murphy strikes again! Funny how that works out. I think the only way to stop guys like that from fluffing around is to smack the snare on the 4 of the fourth repetition and go into a fat, nasty money beat :)
True dat - Murphy has much to answer for. I tried to put something in that announce the "go" point, but alas, it wasn't picked up. If you listen carefully, you can hear the other guitarist say "come on then" at 10:32.

Oh, look what I found!

Blimey!!! I turn my back from the forum for a couple days and ... geez Madge, you're a naughty girl... it's going to cost you a lot of caeks to redeem yourself :)

Hahahahaha - JUSTICE IS SERVED ;) Kama is restored :)

Indeed... and it's very long too *sigh*

Sloppiness and tempo... crickey... I don't know if I should laugh or cry (my daughter laughed...)

Still, beside the bad Purple cover, I had a wonderful time, hope we'll do it again :)

Last edited:
Back