And Then There Were Three

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
I would like to welcome into my own little drum family the newest editions:

20220726_114347.jpg
20220726_114317.jpg
20220726_114227.jpg
20220726_114200.jpg

I am now the extremely happy owner of a Premier Genesta Purple Sparkle kit and XPK (I think) snare. The wife says no more drum sets, three is enough. Cymbals have not been capped yet.

I cannot put into words, or pics, just how beautiful this finish is. It's gorgeous.

I need to give a huge thank you to @someguy01, without whom this would not have happened. Not only that, I went home with some extra gear, AND he and his wife graciously put up with (and put up) my wife and I for about 14 hours. Thank you thank you thank you 🙂🙂🙂!!!

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
Purple sparkle..are you kidding me?..downright georgous!. I had a terraverdi green kit and the bass drum (with an Aquarian superkick2) on it was awesome. How could you not flip over a purple frikkin sparkle Premier kit..the photos are beautiful but in person?..gimme a break!.

SharkSandwich

Beautiful set...congrats! Looking forward to the pics of it set up.

I also found that three sets is a good number 😅

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
So do all your kits have set up space or will this kit move another into storage?
Also I can tell you right now you JUST HAVE to HAVE some new cymbals to go with the Premier's. They are a different instrument from other kits and the Drummer's Bible warns against being unequally yolked. So you have to have the right cymbals to go with the kit-gotta be equal.

Ransan

Killer set and the fellowship, it warms my heart.

What are the sizes?

If I’d known you were headed to CO, I’d left the light on.

Next time your in this area let me know pal!

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
terraverdi green kit
That was my dream kit. This is way cooler.

So do all your kits have set up space or will this kit move another into storage?
Also I can tell you right now you JUST HAVE to HAVE some new cymbals to go with the Premier's. They are a different instrument from other kits and the Drummer's Bible warns against being unequally yolked. So you have to have the right cymbals to go with the kit-gotta be equal.
The other 2 will be stacked in corners. I'm going to rotate occasionally so as not to be a neglectful parent.

Stunning, stunning tubs mate! Congratulations and big shout out to @someguy01 !:love:(y)
Nice score - Genistas are some of the nicest birch shell kits ever made .
Beautiful set...congrats! Looking forward to the pics of it set up.

I also found that three sets is a good number 😅
Very nice.
Thanks y'all. I'm ecstatic.

Still setting up, pics will follow.

Good find!

The bass drum looks like a beautiful beast

What's the sizes?
22/12/14/14

I'm gonna run it as a stripped down 3 piece with side snare.

Killer set and the fellowship, it warms my heart.

What are the sizes?

If I’d known you were headed to CO, I’d left the light on.

Next time your in this area let me know pal!
Oh sweet, I had no idea you were also in CO. I've never been there before. Its pretty.

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
This is what I'm running with. Not even gonna have the left pedal connected.

20220726_185132.jpg

Man my pics suck lol.

Please ignore the hole in the wall. My brother in law fixed a leak prior to me moving in, but used the wrong size fittings. It ain't broke, so I didnt fix it (yet).

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
That finish is beautiful. Enjoy the new kit.

What is it about the green genista that makes everyone drool over? I know I'm in that camp too. You'd think that with all the love for them there'd be more of them on the used market.
Just got done playing it. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

Green is one if my favorite colors. There was a green Genista in an issue of MD in the 90s. I just couldn't stop staring at it.

Until Sunday, I'd never even seen a Premier kit in person.

Rhythm666

I would like to welcome into my own little drum family the newest editions:

View attachment 122162
View attachment 122163
View attachment 122164
View attachment 122165

I am now the extremely happy owner of a Premier Genesta Purple Sparkle kit and XPK (I think) snare. The wife says no more drum sets, three is enough. Cymbals have not been capped yet.

I cannot put into words, or pics, just how beautiful this finish is. It's gorgeous.

I need to give a huge thank you to @someguy01, without whom this would not have happened. Not only that, I went home with some extra gear, AND he and his wife graciously put up with (and put up) my wife and I for about 14 hours. Thank you thank you thank you 🙂🙂🙂!!!
Are the Genesta birch? I saw a similar set on the dutch market place and im looking for a birch set

someguy01

Platinum Member
Love the purple sparkle man, that is a really beautiful kit.

Just curious was there no floor tom?
I have the floor tom. It was the reason I picked up that set.
@C. Dave Run and his wife are great people and it was our pleasure to host them. I couldn't be happier that you have that kit, I knew you would give it all the love. It makes me smile seeing it set up and being played.
He's right about the finish, it's really stunning and to be fair I think only @cbphoto could do it justice in pics.

cbphoto

Diamond Member
I have the floor tom. It was the reason I picked up that set.
@C. Dave Run and his wife are great people and it was our pleasure to host them. I couldn't be happier that you have that kit, I knew you would give it all the love. It makes me smile seeing it set up and being played.
He's right about the finish, it's really stunning and to be fair I think only @cbphoto could do it justice in pics.
I’m baffled. @C. Dave Run did not want the floor tom? What happened?