An unexpected Bonus

Neil

Just thought I'd mention my experience with Hudson Online.

I've been using the Hudon on demand catalogue to download a couple of drum DVD's. I currently own Aaron Spears, 'Beyond the Chops' and Tommie Igoes 'Great hands for a lifetime'

Hudson asked me to complete a survey with the promise of one free download regardless of cost. So it took 5 minutes to do, and I ended up downloading Stanton Moores 'Grove Alchemy' I expected a sting in the tail however, (sometimes there really is withi these things) I was quite taken aback by the ease of the survey and then the reward at the end.

Dave_Major

Silver Member
I can't seem to get the code to work? I input it and then hit apply and it doesn't change the price.

Then when I go to checkout it says my card will be charged xx and not nothing...hmmm

Any tips

Dave

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member

I've been using the Hudon on demand catalogue to download a couple of drum DVD's. I currently own Aaron Spears, 'Beyond the Chops' and Tommie Igoes 'Great hands for a lifetime'

Hudson asked me to complete a survey with the promise of one free download regardless of cost. So it took 5 minutes to do, and I ended up downloading Stanton Moores 'Grove Alchemy' I expected a sting in the tail however, (sometimes there really is withi these things) I was quite taken aback by the ease of the survey and then the reward at the end.
great - and yes, so it is...

Bernhard

Neil

I can't seem to get the code to work? I input it and then hit apply and it doesn't change the price.

Then when I go to checkout it says my card will be charged xx and not nothing...hmmm

Any tips

Dave
Hi Dave, well when I through the process, I added my address, e-mail and password however I left the card details blank and just filled in the 'redeem voucher code' field. In this zero'd my basket and that was it. Maybe try removing your card details?

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I got the same email and downloaded a Todd Sucherman DVD. It's 5 hours, 2 DVD's and is taking a while to load, but for free. Yippee

Todd Sucherman

DrummerWorld Pro Drummer
Hmmmmm. I should have a word with Hudson. It sure wasn't FREE for me to write, produce, edit, replicate and promote.

TS

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
The survey consisted of questions about whether you knew Hudson had digital downloads, if so would you use them, and how much per month you would be willing to pay to be a subscriber for such a program. Sorry Todd, but on my part consider it a back handed compliment. I had many to choose from.

Neil

how much per month you would be willing to pay to be a subscriber for such a program
What is your view on that, I stated that I would if it were a resonable fee £10 - £15 a month and they had regular updates, guest sessions webinars and other value added stuff like that, then I would strongly consider it. On the other hand I wouldn't pay for it if it only allowed me access to on-demand videos from a static list.

Cisco reckons that 90% of IP traffic over the internet in 2012 is going to be video, Hudson, if they get it right, could position themselves nicely in that market. How great would be if they could broadcast guest bands through their online services and then have a live question/answer session via twitter/email/webcam etc etc.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member

Hey Neil, I did exactly the same thing! I also ordered Groove Alchemy. But I'm really disappointed by the video quality. Do you find it rather mediocre too? Also, I'm sure the dvd has some PDFs included, which I didn't get with the download.
Plus the hudson digital player is really annoying. Everytime I want to adjust the volume in the player, the cursor kind of gets stuck, and when I move it somewhere else, it shifts me back and forth in the chapter I'm watching.

Neil

Well I wasn't quite sure what to expect with Groove Alchemy, its not like it's an instructional DVD. More of a biography of funk
I did find it quite interesting in that aspect, plus Stanton is a great drummer. All being said, I quite enjoyed it for what it was.

Yeh I was also expecting some PDF's with it noting out the grooves he plays, maybe as it's not really a 'how to' DVD they didn't bother including them.

I haven't experienced the volume issue you've had but then I have everything turned up 100% and just use volume control on my keyboard.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Thanks for your reply, but I really wasn't talking about the content, which is awesome.
It's the quality of the picture that bothers me. The resolution ratio or so.