An older guy with a couple of videos to share

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Collecting rust is part of the deal, but just like most surface rust, it can be removed over time. I had a 20+ year hiatus, & it took quite a while to get back to a happy space. Crucially, that was playing with others to work out the rough spots. I'd say you're starting your return just fine :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
The drum tone and the recording quality sounds real good to my ear. Plus who can resist a Hal Blaine style kit?

You're doing great, welcome back to the wide world of sports.

Xeno

Great playing! Feels good doesn't it? I quit playing in my late 20's due to circumstances beyond my control (at least that's what I thought at the time) and didn't pick it back up until my mid 40's. Keep it up man...sounds great!

V-Four

Great playing! Feels good doesn't it? I quit playing in my late 20's due to circumstances beyond my control (at least that's what I thought at the time) and didn't pick it back up until my mid 40's. Keep it up man...sounds great!
This seems to be a common story(around here anyway).. and it was mine as well.

T.

oldmetalhead

I seem to be in good company then. I do appreciate all the comments. Thanks everyone. As I once read on a coffee mug, ""Being a drummer is easy. You just have to bang everything. "