An odd but uplifting experience

K.Howden

Hey there,

I've noticed something that happens to me almost everytime I'm practicing on the pad with a metronome and I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this?

For some reason after a few minutes of sticking on the same excercise I drop into this very peaceful...almost trance like state and I have to say it's one of the most surrene places to be! I think it must the repetetive sound of the metronome combined with the repetetive nature of the strokes but it almost seems like I've been hypnotised and once I've finished I feel extremley refreshed and at ease, almost placid in state...like I have absolutley no worries in the world.

I'd be interested to see the medical implications for this, especially amongst percussionists and drummers who suffer from anxiety of any kind as I've definatley felt more at ease in general since I've started experiencing this.

Anyways, would love to hear your own encounters with this.

Much love to all,

Kev

I have been meditating in this manor for years.
I come home from work and I sit behind my pad and I play exercises to loosen up.
Before I know it about a half an hour has passed and I don't remember it!
It is like I took a nap!

I then move to one of my kits and I play for about an hour or so.
This relaxes me further.
Then my bitch wife comes home and I get all tense again! LOL

I once fell asleep practicing a latin pattern. I "woke up" and all my limbs were still going, but I have no idea how much time had passed. Maybe a minute, maybe 30, I don't know.

I can't say I've done that since (and it was a long time ago).

I do know some days I walk into my studio, I have my guitar, my drums, and some times the music just pours out and it's suddenly the middle of the night. Other times, nothing comes out, and after a few hours of trying to write, I go to bed. I can't say I know channel the good nights to make them re-occurring, it just happens when it happens.

Latch on to that feeling and try to feel the brain muscles being exercised. What you are experiencing is the activation of your pineal cortex which is also known as the third eye. If you develop mastery of controlling it, you will be able to explore the entire universe from your drum throne or anywhere actually.

Ever feel someone staring at you? Yes, you have. Nobody can rightly deny this stuff, and drummers get the best seat in the house to experience it!

Congrats on your awakening!

Haha I've gotta get myself doing some latin patterns I think!

But yeah, I have experienced this... the problem is, as soon as you start thinking about what you're doing you snap out of it and lose your place. I think your mind is relaxed when the subconcious part of brain is used rather than the conscious part, the part you use for driving or typing. The only thing is, you have to think at the same time as doing these things, but using a practice pad you're totally free to turn off your conscious mind. Everyone knows how hard it is to stop thinking about things, so the benefits of this exercise are clear.

fer sure, and that's the place I want to be, I have a picture up high on my wall of Johnny Cash, standing by a train, for some reason, I'll stare at the picture and try to "forget" I'm playing paradidles or what ever, and the sound becomes way more musical and my shoulders relax...playing outside the instrument, I think it's called.

Latch on to that feeling and try to feel the brain muscles being exercised. What you are experiencing is the activation of your pineal cortex which is also known as the third eye. If you develop mastery of controlling it, you will be able to explore the entire universe from your drum throne or anywhere actually.

Ever feel someone staring at you? Yes, you have. Nobody can rightly deny this stuff, and drummers get the best seat in the house to experience it!

Congrats on your awakening!

There is a pineal gland near the frontal cortex and as for brain muscles, I have met a few with muscle between the ears but the brain is all grey matter. Since it doesnt move it needs no muscles.

The pineal gland (also called the pineal body, epiphysis cerebri, epiphysis or the "third eye") is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces the serotonin derivative melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and seasonal functions.[1][2] Its shape resembles a tiny pine cone (hence its name), and it is located near the center of the brain, between the two hemispheres, tucked in a groove where the two rounded thalamic bodies join.

There is a pineal gland near the frontal cortex and as for brain muscles, I have met a few with muscle between the ears but the brain is all grey matter. Since it doesnt move it needs no muscles.

The pineal gland (also called the pineal body, epiphysis cerebri, epiphysis or the "third eye") is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces the serotonin derivative melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and seasonal functions.[1][2] Its shape resembles a tiny pine cone (hence its name), and it is located near the center of the brain, between the two hemispheres, tucked in a groove where the two rounded thalamic bodies join.

I am delighted that you took this opportunity to educate yourself by your research into whether or not I was speaking a truth. You have taken a bold step towards a new world of enlightenment!

I salute thee!

(Your next mission, should you decide to take it, is to try to understand why there is a gigantic pine cone featured in the Vatican's courtyard...)

P.S. I used the word 'muscle' so that others could understand a concept that is not easily relayed using conventional vocabulary. If you would like to experience this 'muscular' mental exercise yourself, PM me and I will contact you via this extrasensory medium. You called me to this thread by your writing to me. Be careful of what you ask for.

The Vatican courtyard...

Attachments

• pineconevatican.jpg
    pineconevatican.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 145
One of the common points of Pagan worship is their common symbol for eternal life, the Evergreen, both bush and tree. Further, the Pine Cone is revered because it is the "fruit" or the result of the Evergreen. Since all people of all ages wish to live forever, the Evergreen and Pine Cone have been powerful, and ancient, symbols of Eternal Life.

Let us now examine the various Pagan groups that have utilized the Pine Cone in their ceremonies, their rituals, and their art. Once you study this list, you will be in for a great surprise in that the Roman Catholic Church utilizes the Pine Cone, just as any good Pagan religion would do! This fact is further firm evidence that Roman Catholicism is Pagan, not Christian. In fact, we would say that Roman Catholicism is counterfeit Christianity, with Paganism as its beating heart.

Pine cones are common in Roman Catholic architecture and sacred
decorations.

As for the physiology and anatomy, I studied both in college.

Cut and pasted with no thought of your own. I get the distinct impression that you are trying to attack my virtues in this thread that started off with a moment of joy found by the original poster. Now why would you do such a thing, gruntersdad? I know why...

Only correcting the mis-information of the brain having muscles. Nothing personal.

Only correcting the mis-information of the brain having muscles. Nothing personal.

There was no 'mis-information'. It was only that you didn't understand it because it doesn't fit into your shaded view.

I am glad to have exercised your mind on this fine New Years Day! 1-1-11

Peace be with you.

Back