An Interesting Evening

I would love it if you could capture at least audio, preferably AV, so we can experience your label audition.

Eye of the Tiger Dunc.

Break a Leg!.........

... Duncan is - for once - in a good mood.

Good for you mate, may it last a long time, lol...

While you're in a good mood, may I borrow your kit and your car, can I stay a few weeks in your house, can I borrow some money from you, can I nick you girlfriend, I might as well take the opportunity while it's there... :)

Seriously Duncan, I'm very please for you, a good band, a possible record deal and praise on your playing, all good stuff indeed.

Keep us posted on what's going on...

Nice Dunc, although the third person reference in the last para suggests that today it's your friend's Dad, tomorrow the world ;-)

We can't all have hands like Steve Smith and Gavin or even JimmyK but we can always listen and aim to complement everyone's playing. No doubt he could hear the intelligence, knowledge, awareness, musical values (and practice) in your playing. Good luck with this gig. The first gig with any band is always special (wear a nice aftershave - no, not for your friend's Dad). Lucky you!

A few years ago I had the vocalist of a top Aussie band tell me I was a good drummer after a gig. Later Glenn informed me that the singer had told him he had a very good voice - note the adjective. I always tell Glenn that was just about the singer fraternity, not a true evaluation of quality (not that I really believe that ;)

Really happy to hear this, BFY. I know you guys are gonna knock 'em dead!

Looking forward to hearing more of this! Keep us informed!

Good, good, good!!

Oh, and one more "good" so I have over 20 characters.

I've got a week to not be terrified. In all honesty, I've written fairly stripped down parts for the songs we're playing so physically there's nothing to concern me. I've done dozens (if not around a hundred) gigs in the past so there is little new. The first performance of any new band though is, as always, a slightly unnerving one but we've postponed by two weeks to get it absolutely right and I know we're a good act.

What I will not do is have a couple before to 'take the edge off'. No way. Not going down that route after last time!

Apologies for my negativity yesterday.

I absolutely despise the company I work for and should avoid browsing websites when I'm in work and feeling brassed off.

Do you guys have a website and/or have any planned gigs 'up North'? MLC might well attend one, if so.

Good luck with the gig. Knock them dead.

Validation is an extremely good way to put how you felt on the compliments front. I'm personally not the most confident drummer. I don't really suffer nerves, but I always think my drumming falls short due to my relative inexperience for my age. I was given a compliment by the grandfather of British Punk Rock just before Christmas which I quite possibly will take right to the grave.

Enjoy these times...and you're quite correct...give the booze a miss....not that I'd follow my own advice mind you !!

:)

No worries mate, I absolutely understand how you feel!

It does sound a little 'too' positive but when I joined the band, I did so on the strength of the demo. In fact, I didn't know the guys at all. One of them text me, emailed me the demo and I was on the phone within ten seconds of hearing one of the songs. That's why I joined - because they're serious and I'm serious about making it work.

If anyone's interested:

www.rainmakerband.com

The demos aren't my playing. I've changed the parts up somewhat for our performances and any future recordings but the three songs on there are the same. We have a few more that we've put together since then and a bank of older songs they want to turn into live versions.

Bloody hell Duncan, I'd have been on the phone in 5 seconds! absolute quality, absolutely relevant, so much scope it's silly. Wow! Even better, the material suits your style perfectly. I'm blown away by the potential here - really :) :) :)

Well it got a grin from me too mate. I wasn't turning that lot down. Good bunch of lads, too.

The singers actually sound like that in real life too, through broken rehearsal studio gear. That's what most impressed me.

Is this the gig at the Dublin Castle? Me and Amy played there once, on a Monday as well I think...it was very quiet! I hope a few people will make their way to the back room to see you!

Is this the gig at the Dublin Castle? Me and Amy played there once, on a Monday as well I think...it was very quiet! I hope a few people will make their way to the back room to see you!

It is. I'm not expecting it to be full, otherwise I would be disappointed!

Ticket sales seem ok and everyone in the band is pulling to get people there. I'm looking forward to it, it'll be nice to be back on the scene.

Well it got a grin from me too mate. I wasn't turning that lot down. Good bunch of lads, too.

The singers actually sound like that in real life too, through broken rehearsal studio gear. That's what most impressed me.

...I like the music..............reminds me a bit of Jackson Browne with better vocals.

Last song has a bit of a "Floyd" influence.

Good luck on the gig.

Back