Amplifier issue please help

Tylerdrums109

Oh and a thank you for all of you for actually being helpful....the guys on ultimate-guitar are complete idiots....i don't know why i go there anymore since i now learn all songs by ear and have been for years...last time i log onto that site

westicle

Someone said digital clipping might be the prob and they could be right. Unless you want it and can use it digital clipping is a horrendous sound when you don't want it.

Is there an input gain you could turn down? Are you running pedals in front of the amp that might be cranking the input?

bojangleman

Platinum Member
yeah...i hate UG...they are all jerks that make you feel stupid...

you can have a perfectly logical question, and since they know it and you dont....you automatically are stupid..

Alex

Last edited:

Vipercussionist

Silver Member
Just a guestimate, but I think the speaker's spider is ripped or just stretched.

The spider is the part of the speaker that acts like a shock absorber, if it's weak, the speaker cone won't stay tight with a lot of low end and will likely do what you're describing.

Tylerdrums109

There is no beef up of the input signal by any means...my pickups are passive...and i use no pedals...it could not be clipping due to an input that is too strong...anyway it could be clipping because of something else?

Tylerdrums109

Just a guestimate, but I think the speaker's spider is ripped or just stretched.

The spider is the part of the speaker that acts like a shock absorber, if it's weak, the speaker cone won't stay tight with a lot of low end and will likely do what you're describing.

I hooked up another speaker my dad had in a speaker cab he built to this amp...not sure what the wattage was but i had the same issue...unless this speaker had the same problem then i dont think this is it....but at this point i am sure of nothing