Am I trying to sell my beginner set for too much?

topgun2021

Gold Member
CB-700 with Gibraltar bass spurs and tom legs. The wrap has dents and scratches.

I know no amount of money could buy this kit because it is such a classic, but does $200 sound okay?

No cymbals or stands are included.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
You have to be patient, gear is moving slowly on the used market right now.
Leave it there at $200 because you will probably be offered less when a buyer comes along.

topgun2021

Gold Member
Yes, just the shells. I may also throw in my PDP double pedal for ~$125-$150. If I did that, then I would use the money for a new double pedal. If I just sell the shells, then the money goes towards a new hi hat set.

I did the $200 so I if I get a lower offer of $150 or above I would jump on that.

Evilbagua

Silver Member
Yes, just the shells. I may also throw in my PDP double pedal for ~$125-$150. If I did that, then I would use the money for a new double pedal. If I just sell the shells, then the money goes towards a new hi hat set.

I did the $200 so I if I get a lower offer of $150 or above I would jump on that.
150-125$ for a pdp double pedal? The more expensive model is 149$ new everywhere. So yeah...good luck with that.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
The pedal price is a little too high.You can get Iron cobras on ebay used for 150-180.I agree with Bob also.Leave the price at around 200 to give you some room to negotiate.

Steve B

Metamega

May take awhile unless you can throw some random stuff to get t to be a kit. Only person who is going To buy it is a beginner. They"ll probably buy it and not know much about drums. If theirs no throne or pedal they'll probably walk away from it. You'll have to be patient. Most beginners want some stands and a throne atleast. This is why when I bought my meridian maple upgrade from my westburies, I it the hardware pack so I could sell the westbury with the little upgrades on it and the original pieces. Just be patient and an educated beginner will pick it up.

Evilbagua

Silver Member
EDIT-Thats a pdp600 I believe. I doubt you'd get over 100 on CL. Not trying to be a jerk I hate when people post stuff for way more than it's worth on CL.

Last edited: