Alphonse Mouzon urgently needs help!

sacco

I know this is not the right section, but since it is the one that gets most visits I decided to open a thread here to inform all members that Alphonse Mouzon urgently needs our help: https://www.gofundme.com/alphonsemouzon

I hope no other thread was already opened on this issue: should anyway this be the case, administrators can immediately delete mine! Thanks!

pgm554

Platinum Member
I'm in the bio tech field and whenever Mexico and natural cancer treatment are mentioned in the same sentence,it's not a good thing.

I wish him well,but he's better off staying in the US getting treatment.

Kaiser is a pretty decent medical treatment facility.

thebarak

I'm in the bio tech field and whenever Mexico and natural cancer treatment are mentioned in the same sentence,it's not a good thing.

I wish him well,but he's better off staying in the US getting treatment.

Kaiser is a pretty decent medical treatment facility.
You are correct. These natural cancer treatment centers in Mexico have no idea how to treat cancer. They can only lighten the wallet while the poor patient deteriorates. Science and modern medicine are always better than the "alternative" ideas.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
yes - we help!!!

Bernhard
I helped too :) My modest contribution was based on offering hope. I understand concerns about the effectiveness of the treatment path he's embarking on, but he's obviously done his homework on this (of course you would), & if he feels it's right for him, then I'm happy to support that dream.

pgm554

Platinum Member
You are correct. These natural cancer treatment centers in Mexico have no idea how to treat cancer. They can only lighten the wallet while the poor patient deteriorates. Science and modern medicine are always better than the "alternative" ideas.
Steve McQueen back in the day was diagnosed with lung cancer and went to Mexico for laetrile treatments.

As I mentioned ,I deal with folks from Stanford ,Johns Hopkins and UCSF who present treatments for cancer to get angel investment funding and Mexico holistic treatment isn't on any of the short lists.

I feel for his desperation as the prognosis does not look good.

I'll ask around and see if anybody knows of any clinical trials he may be qualified for.

KamaK

Platinum Member
I'll ask around and see if anybody knows of any clinical trials he may be qualified for.
I was a rat for a Fred Hutch trial back in the 2002 timeframe, and have been doing well since then. I'd check with them to see if they have openings.

https://www.fredhutch.org/en.html

Granted, I was treated for NH Lymphoma, and Alphonse's circumstances sound quite different and dire.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
It may be a bit late. From Facebook

RIP Alphonse Mouzon....
A great drummer that performed and recorded w/ Larry Coryell's Eleventh House, Herbie Hancock, McCoy Tyner and Weather Report.
Born: November 21, 1948, Charleston, SC