Allow me to introduce a friend of mine...

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I hope this isn't an inappropriate place to post this, if it is then feel free to move it somewhere else, but I wanted to get the biggest audience for it that I could.

I've just come across this video of an old friend of mine, Marc Jones, who's currently with a band called Kill It Kid. He's been playing since he was about 2, I think, and I've always admired his approach to the drums as well as his technical ability. He was a big influence on me when I myself started learning. Since I'd found this pro-shot video of him playing solo along with a backing track, I thought it would be a good opportunity to share it with you all and see what you make of him.

Kill It Kid can be found on myspace here, and I recommend that you give them a listen too.

PS: He doesn't usually talk like that, in case you were wondering. Not sure what that's all about, to be honest!

Last edited:

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Yes, I like the way he's generally playing pretty basic rock stuff, but interspersed regularly with little bits of more interesting stuff without losing the groove. And his enthusiasm is palpable. Not quite so much in this video, when he's with a band it comes across a lot more. Might see if I can find some others.

EDIT: Some promo videos for the band's singles:

Burst Its Banks

Send Me An Angel Down

Heaven Never Seemed So Close (not much performance footage in this one)

Last edited: