Alesis Strike Pro Special Edition

Wealthy&Healthy

Has anyone bought the Strike Pro Special Edition? How is it? Is it better quality than the normal Strike Pro? I know the original hi hat was poor quality but did the original Strike Pro have any other issues? Have they been fixed it improved in the Special Edition?

Nick74

Looks quite nice and the sizes are great BUT the look of this thing promises more then it can keep. Alesis has loads of issues and I assume this will stay forever. One big is latency: audio and midi (as the midi latency is a unbelievably lame you even cannot use it as a midi controller for computer). And a hihat with a motion controller unit on a hihat stand will fail by construction: slightly open (nearly closed) sounds/playing will be muted and disturbed by pedal "chick" sound because of the jolt downwards resulting from a hard stroke though your foot hasn't moved... and the Alesis hihat is probably the last of those hihat stand things I would want to play.;)

AzHeat

Platinum Member
The price is quite striking. Probably how they came up with the name. When I was seriously considering an exit, even though my experience with them have mostly been negative, the Alesis was unbelievably flawed. I thought it had just been beat to death on the GC floor, though it didn’t look it. The cheap Roland next to it was way more responsive, but still unacceptable.
I played the same kit at another GC and same issues. Hats and ride are unresponsive. Snare was okay, but while it had dynamics, it sounded more like a misfiring machine gun.
I agree with Arne. Run!