Alesis strike multipad vs Roland spd sx

freyadrums

Which one would you recommend: the Roland spd-sx vs Alesis strike multipad?
I'm trying to figure out which one to get. I've heard about crosstalk issues with the multipad (is this true?), and that Alesis doesn't have the best reliability?
But heard the Roland included samples aren't as good, and there's no where near as many?
Also, can you input samples from a USB onto the spd sx?

electrodrummer

Depends what, exactly, you're trying to achieve, really - what are your aims?

If you don't know the features, both have their manuals online, free of charge.

freyadrums

Depends what, exactly, you're trying to achieve, really - what are your aims?

If you don't know the features, both have their manuals online, free of charge.
Mainly looking to use it to turn my acoustic kit into a hybrid kit e.g. getting triggers and applying sounds from the pad, and also creating loops to play alongside my acoustic kit

electrodrummer

SPDsx then. A known entity that should do what you want. The known problems with that are all the sockets (power and audio) failing.

The Alesis, problems at the moment are mainly software based. Alesis has just released a new update to cover some of them. Join or peer at the FB group. We don't know of hardware issues yet - too early to tell, but Alesis doesn't have long term records.

As for a pad with "sounds" and "loops", complete your investigations by maybe also checking the Multi12. It's a different animal - an ekit with pads on it - with a few mins of sample time, and MIDI sequencing for looping.

Last edited:

Wawan219

SPDsx then. A known entity that should do what you want. The known problems with that are all the sockets (power and audio) failing.

The Alesis, problems at the moment are mainly software based. Alesis has just released a new update to cover some of them. Joint or peer at the FB group. We don't know of hardware issues yet - too early to tell, but Alesis doesn't have long term records.

As for a pad with "sounds" and "loops", complete your investigations by maybe also checking the Multi12. It's a different animal - an ekit with pads on it - with a few mins of sample time, and MIDI sequencing for looping.
+1