Alesis Electronic Drums Connect with Laptop

char1s

Hi Guys,

I am an amateur in the world of music, but i recently bought an electronic drum kit, Alesis Turbo Mesh.
I can play on amplifier - not the best sound though.
I was looking for a simple way to connect to my laptop to either output the sound and configure some volumes of each drum part if possible.
However the challenge its to be able to record some of my plays there. I own a cable of USB A to B which I was able to connect it directly to my laptop and also do a few lessons on Melodics, and I also own a sound card E-MU or something like that (not sure if this is needed for my objective).
Can someone give me a few hints on how to connect those drums with my pc, be able to play a bit with the settings/volums and record some play? Any programs I need to install let me know, better free ones.

Many thanks in advance guys :)

Configure levels?
Do on the module.

Record?
module audio out --> audio cables --> PC audio[soundcard] in.

Software?
Totally free Cakewalk. Which is free and been around for decades and will do everything you ever want, for free.
Or BandLab for something totally free and very simple.

There are lots of ways to record from simple to complicated. See me regular "best way" posts for descriptions and pictures, including how to record every drum separately.

Configure levels?
Do on the module.

Record?
module audio out --> audio cables --> PC audio[soundcard] in.

Software?
Totally free Cakewalk. Which is free and been around for decades and will do everything you ever want, for free.
Or BandLab for something totally free and very simple.

There are lots of ways to record from simple to complicated. See me regular "best way" posts for descriptions and pictures, including how to record every drum separately.
Or he can just plug the module via USB and get to the DAW from there. much easier to add backup tracks that way. Headphones would have to be connected to the laptop/soundcard.

Back