Alesis Crimson II SE Discontinued

cronos

Good day,
Was looking at purchasing the Crimson II SE. Was at local music shop a few weeks ago and really liked the feel of the mesh pads, the snare stand, extra cymbal. Really fell in love with it. Been checking reviews on it since and some negative and some positive. Mostly the longevity of the hardware seems to be an issue. Now I was on Alesis website and it shows this kit is now discontinued?

I suspect I can still purchase from my local shop but what does that mean for support or warranty? Anyone have experience with Alesis kits where the kit was discontinued?

I have played several Roland/ Yamaha kits and had both one time or another years ago and yes they are good and the quality is top notch but for me I really like the feel of the Alesis mesh heads more.

The Strike is way to expensive here $3500.00. I did like the command just really liked having that extra cymbal and snare stand (felt more like acoustic kit).

Ugh decisions. Just wanted to get some thoughts on those that may have this kit and/or experience with kits being discontinued and what that means for support/warranty etc.

Thanks All and have a great day

I'm not sure that's the SE kit. The SE is the one with white heads, the II "discontined" kit on Alesis site has black heads like the old Crimson kit. Since the company is still around, warranty would work, and the kit had some good sale prices lately. Buy from a good seller, some offer extra warranties (like Sweetwater, Thomann). Only the Crimson has 3-zone ride with bell, and those SE heads, it's a lot better than the Command.

Ya good point since company is around support will be ok. It is weird though since the crimson II SE was listed on their official site just days ago and now it is completely gone.

Good day,
Was looking at purchasing the Crimson II SE. Was at local music shop a few weeks ago and really liked the feel of the mesh pads, the snare stand, extra cymbal. Really fell in love with it. Been checking reviews on it since and some negative and some positive. Mostly the longevity of the hardware seems to be an issue. Now I was on Alesis website and it shows this kit is now discontinued?

I suspect I can still purchase from my local shop but what does that mean for support or warranty? Anyone have experience with Alesis kits where the kit was discontinued?

I have played several Roland/ Yamaha kits and had both one time or another years ago and yes they are good and the quality is top notch but for me I really like the feel of the Alesis mesh heads more.

The Strike is way to expensive here $3500.00. I did like the command just really liked having that extra cymbal and snare stand (felt more like acoustic kit).

Ugh decisions. Just wanted to get some thoughts on those that may have this kit and/or experience with kits being discontinued and what that means for support/warranty etc.

Thanks All and have a great day
It may be discontinued for future production, that I didn't know about, but there still are plenty of them available for sale. Guitar Center has them marked down to $900 as I type this for a 4th of July sale. I have this same kit and I really like it, I also got it for $900 during a sale. Another kit that is worth looking into is the Yamaha dtx6k-x.

Back