Alan Meyers RIP

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I got this news from a friend - but I just heard that Alan Meyers, original drummer with DEVO passed away today. It sounds like he lost his bout with brain cancer.

As a kid, I was heavily influenced by those first three DEVO albums and alot of those songs wouldn't be what they were without his totally unique playing. Rest in peace, Mr. Meyers :(

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
That sucks. Hate to hear about another drummer (or anyone really) passing on. RIP Mr. Myers

Love this song:

GOT AN URGE GOT A SURGE
AND IT'S OUT OF CONTROL
GOT AN URGE I WANNA PURGE
'CAUSE I'M LOSING CONTROL

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Correction! His last name is spelled Myers. And this is true. Wikipedia has it listed that he passed away on June 24th.

I'm listening to some Devo right now in his honor.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I ran into him when picking up his daughter from an orchestra rehearsal, chatted briefly although he seemed uninterested in talking about the DEVO days. A real shame to lose him, I loved a lot of the stuff he did.

Bermuda

new wave drummer

Shocking and very depressing news regarding a very underrated rock and post punk drummer ... Myers' rack toms whistled like ricocheting bullets ... his snare drum crashed like heavy surf ... and his floor toms used to spit noise like machine guns at the Saint Valentine's Day massacre. He was one of my all-time favorite drummers and his work will live on for years to come.