AI Internals ?

P

paradiddle pete

After discovering my ignorance of the benefits of " Click Track" on here, I am wondering how those keen on racing toward the future would feel about taking AI Technology Internally and be Bio Linked with the Grid. Take the Next Step.

Yikes.

I don't want to think about that today. I'll think about that tomorrow. (Scarlett O'Hara)

I like the click and grid. I find locking to it both a challenge and relaxing.* That being said, I would not want to be bio linked to it. That would take away the things I enjoy about playing with the click. If I were to get any sort of AI advancements, I want mechanical hands and feet that can play my thoughts. It would solve my need for speed and endurance, and I could just sit down and think. The body would do the rest. And I would still use a click.

*Staying on the click to me is like risk/reward. I use it every time, and there is always a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment I feel when locking in and just cruising. It all becomes one when locked in. The ears hear the pulse, the body feels the pulse, the limbs move with the pulse, it all becomes one unified, undulating motion that the whole body becomes part of and I get lost in. It's very Zen like, almost a meditative state that I would lose if bio-locked to the click. I need to find it manually. Conversely, if I can't find the click one day, I get a feeling of frustration because everything then feels like a train wreck. The click gives me the doorway to the other side I guess. It's kinda like being on autopilot and I really like that.

I already got Artificial intelligence I want to know how to get real drumming intelligence-which also includes "good drumming taste". Like you can teach anyone some basic Art skills to produce a painting but you can't teach them the good taste to create a masterpiece. Now there is technique involved in both but excellent technique doesn't' mean you'll make a masterpiece. No I'm not defending my poor technique just my belief even if I fix it I'll still suck cause I got bad taste.

Forget AI, I'm headed in the opposite direction. I don't like the grid.. I think music should breathe sometimes, when it is appropriate to do so. That means the tempo varies. I also think recordings should have some bleed, because they were made with musicians playing together in the same room. That's how a groove is made. Just my opinion. Recording engineers don't like me but I don't like modern recording practices. And tape is a better recording medium than digital, for some things. There I've said it all.

I am wondering how those keen on racing toward the future would feel about taking AI Technology Internally and be Bio Linked with the Grid.

I don't know what the purpose of internally linking a human to a grid would be, but I like the idea of being able to snap a picture of whatever our eyes see, and loading it onto a flash drive (don't ask where the port is!) ?

Bermuda

Forget AI, I'm headed in the opposite direction. I don't like the grid.. I think music should breathe sometimes, when it is appropriate to do so. That means the tempo varies. I also think recordings should have some bleed, because they were made with musicians playing together in the same room. That's how a groove is made. Just my opinion. Recording engineers don't like me but I don't like modern recording practices. And tape is a better recording medium than digital, for some things. There I've said it all.

Even though we are opposite on our feelings about the click, we share a lot of the same opinions in music.

I totally agree that music of most kinds are and should be made in a room, by people with instruments, playing together. That is how you make a groove, and having all of those factors makes the groove better than one person overlaying one instrument at a time. Even if the notes are in the exact same spots.

I didn't want the rest of the band to play to the grid when I was gigging. That was my job. Their job was to follow me. So I follow the click/grid, they follow me. When done right it sounds awesome. If someone is having an off day it is very noticeable. I think genre has a lot to do with whether or not a grid is necessary.

I also agree with tape over digital. And tube amp over solid state. And cords over wireless. Sometimes old technology is just better. I think so anyway.

Everything has it's place.

A lot of what happens in the industry necessitates this stuff. Just as in the production industry you can lower costs with automation and in the music industry, as we have less money than any other major industry, it helps.

With a good band the click would be to follow tracks and/or video. There are a few other places it would be helpful also

With tape over digital, it's the same thing. The money, time and skill to do traditional recording compared to what you can do at home today for next to nothing is crazy. Unless you're a top name with MONEY, the only way to justify the cost would be a well rehearsed band doing it live in a couple of days.

Cable into an amp is a thing, though there are exmples of both Angus and Mr. Hetfield preferring using the gain of a wireless system even in the studio. It depends. It's way more practical and cool on a big stage thogh, and that doesn't really depend if you're one of the members moving arond a lot and engaging the crowd.

If I'm doing my own stuff and it's all about big natural guitar tone it's amp all the way.A nig and heavy one, too. There are certain cover band gigs where the new modelling stuff makes a lot of sense, though. Even then I'd prefer to do it personal and naturally, but that's not always what people want. You bring this small board or box that weighs nothing + some IEMs and you're good to go. If it's just a money gig and this is what makes everyone, including the main artist and soundman happy, then it's win win and very practical.

I don't know what the purpose of internally linking a human to a grid would be, but I like the idea of being able to snap a picture of whatever our eyes see, and loading it onto a flash drive (don't ask where the port is!) ?

Bermuda
We are all being groomed for such, Touchables, Wearables then Internal. Carry On!

I'm guessing that pretty soon SkyNet, sorry, I mean DrumNet, will simply cut out the middle man.

But it's all ok folks, just think of how much extra time we'll have to post on here!

"Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation. Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation. Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control. We have assumed control. We have assumed control."

AI , nano carbon chemistry, and using CRISPR-cas to modify our DNA to create a new genetic code we should take artificial evolution to the next step to replace these carbon based bodies to a new carbon based one with a blend technology-emulating some of our biology so we still look "human"-just improved. We have used artificial selection to create just about all our domesticated plants and animals for consumption and more recently using genetic modification-so seems we just have to take the next step to the big beyond. Life has basic properties that we can emulate now with synthetic beings-some scientist are calling for the self-repairing, reproducing and learning robots to be classified as life as it is. Scientist are using nanotechnology/biotechology for cancer treatments, artificial Islets of Langerhans, artificial kidney, etc.-even an artificial womb. Seems some of it is good and some is really Scary stuff if you ask me-like robots as "life". I'm not in support of aging research with a goal of increasing longevity-population wise that's problematic-then evil people living longer no thank you. Living healthier I'm good with-but if we live to 100 or so-that's a good limit.Then Soylent Green LOL. I don't know why humans are so intrigued by immortality?

I can't see it. Anything I buy today will be obsolete before long. Any "internal" wiring will need to be a wireless connection to a device outside the body. I think we're a few lifetimes away from that being feasible.

If I were blind, I might consider an implant if it would give me some vision, for example, but I can't see sensible people undergoing surgery to implant a device that will probably be obsolete before the incision has fully healed. There would need to be a huge payoff.

Internal Clock becomes Internal Click, what a Breakthrough.

I think xray vision would come in handy sometimes, and I would like to have an internal messenger like what is on my cell phone.

I have no idea how it's going to manifest, AI. But it will manifest.

I see society, and the way we do things, changing right before my eyes, more and more everyday. There are things that a large percentage of us do everyday....that we didn't do, just 20 years ago. It's nuts how fast things are moving.

Back