Aftershock 2021

SharkSandwich

After waiting two years, Aftershock finally happened and it's been amazing so far.

Friday night was Metallica. First time since '98 and they sounded as good as ever. It was so much fun to be back at a large festival.
Say what you will about Lars but he was a beast all night, giving it 110%.

Another highlight was Suicidal Tendencies with Ty Trujillo (Rob's son) on bass. Rob play in ST years ago. On drums was a super talented kid by the names of Brandon Pertzborn.
He's played with Black Flag, Doyle (from Misfits), Ho99o9, Suicidal Tendencies, Corey Taylor, Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit among others.

Tonight..Gojira, Offspring and The Misfits. Sunday, Metallica again with a completely different set.

It's and heavy music weekend!!!

IMG_5635.jpgIMG_5659.jpgIMG_5642.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5616.jpg
    IMG_5616.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Saturday:

First up Gojira. Brutal set, SO heavy but very complex, creative and super tight. The drummer is amazing!

IMG_5675.jpg

After that, The Offspring with Josh Freese on drums. He has so be one of the hardest working drummers in the business. He played a gig with both Devo and Sting in the last few weeks and here he is with Offspring. We hung back for this set so you can't really see the stage but what a versatile player!

IMG_5680.jpg

Sunday kicked off with:

Mastadon
IMG_5702.jpg

Social Distortion, the drummer playing the only Ludwig kit I saw all weekend. I sounded amazing.
IMG_5707.jpg

And finally Metallica closed out the night, playing a completely different set. This time featuring the entire Black Album. It was awesome.
IMG_5718.jpg

I don't want to forget Anthrax who played on Thursday. I was able to get very close and they sounded great. Charlie Benante has always been one of my favorite metal drummers.
IMG_5568.jpg

Overall, it was a great weekend of music and hanging out with friends. SO glad to see live music again!!!

Back