after 24 years i've decided to quit

Wow - huge decision Nutha. I'm sure you have your reasons, & probably more than you've stated here. Such a shame. I know many think much of you, both in personal & industry reputation terms. I wish you every success in your new chosen field, & hope you can still chime in here from time to time to share your pearls of wisdom.

Although drumming may never be your primary journey again, I'm hoping that it still has a place in your heart, & maybe something you can pick up again in a purely pleasure context at a later date. I said "never again" 25 years ago.

My fondest regards & best wishes, Andy.

Keep drumming as a hobby and get the best of both worlds - a day job + a band on the side that you like; pub gig, originals, whatever. You already have the gear and just have to get the occational sticks and skins.

thx

jorn

April 1st - he could be pulling our legs -)

Let's see - is it already April 1st across the pond?

I've decided to quit drumming. the gear is too expensive and i don't make emough money from it anymore. it has been a fun 24 years but i'm still young enough to make a career change now. i'm sorry to my band and all my pupils and fans but i need a change. i don't know what is next - perhaps i'll try journalism.
cheers
j
I forgot to mention, if you're shooting for journalism, your punctuation & spell check skills suck ;)

I am a very pretty 5' 3'' Thai Law Student who is just waiting to speak with you on the phone. And a girl.

i'll quit drumming just a few seconds after i quit breathing.

I thought it was a bit fishy Jason :)

in fact i don't understand the concept of quitting drumming.

Me either, but for some it's for a state of their health, they don't really have a choice unfortunately :(

I'm getting all worn out everywhere inside, collapsed spine discs, painfull elbow joints, I hope I'll be still drumming for years to come, fingers crossed.

I've decided to quit drumming. the gear is too expensive and i don't make emough money from it anymore. it has been a fun 24 years but i'm still young enough to make a career change now. i'm sorry to my band and all my pupils and fans but i need a change. i don't know what is next - perhaps i'll try journalism.
cheers
j
I have a ocean front retirement condo for sale in Arizona if your interested?

Are we all being buried with drum sticks in our hands?

Bill Bruford retired from drumming a few years ago ... never heard of retiring from drumming before that (maybe because they were casualties before reaching the age).

Or, maybe you'd never heard of such a thing before because never before has the world of drumming seen such a self-absorbed drama queen. It occurs to me that one could retire without making such a grand announcement by simply stopping, or just gradually doing it less.

:)

BrufordPeart.jpg

I smelled Andy Kaufman all over this the second I read the thread title and saw who started the thread.....

nice try Jas

Back